Glads Blank Ads 4-0, Snap Win Streak
Duluth, GA.- The Admirals saw their win-streak stopped at three games on Saturday night as they fell to Atlanta 4-0.
Saturday night was the first time that the Admirals had been shut out during the 2017-18 season.
On Teddy Toss Night in Atlanta the Gladiators got the first goal courtesy of Stephen Pierog just 10:29 into the opening period. Pierog collected his own rebound as he was falling and tapped it past Jamie Murray to give the home team the opening tally, and a 1-0 lead heading into the intermission.
In a penalty filled third period it was the Atlanta power play that got the lone goal of the period. With traffic in front of Murray, Atlanta's Derek Nesbitt took a slap shot from the point that found its way past Murray, giving the Gladiators a 2-0 lead.
Atlanta would tack on two more goals in the third period getting tallies from Luke Sandler and Alex Carrier before the final buzzer. Norfolk pressured Sean Bonar throughout the third period peppering the Atlanta net with 17 shots in the final frame.
Atlanta's Bonar stopped all 34 shots he faced while Jamie Murray stopped 36 of 40 shots.
Norfolk finished the night 0-for-6 on the man-advantage while the Gladiators finished 1-for-6.
The Admirals wrap up the three in three tomorrow afternoon in Charleston, SC against the Stingrays.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 28, 2018
- Eagles Score Five Straight to Defeat Steelheads 6-4 - Colorado Eagles
- Oilers Take Season Series against Utah with 3-2 Win Saturday - Tulsa Oilers
- Comanche's Career Night Not Enough against Fort Wayne - Utah Grizzlies
- Rush Doomed by Late Penalty Call - Rapid City Rush
- Monarchs Hammer Nailers, 5-2 - Manchester Monarchs
- DODDS LIFTS FUEL 5-3 OVER WINGS WITH STELLAR PLAY - Indy Fuel
- WINGS PEPPER FUEL WITH 56 SHOTS IN LOSS - Kalamazoo Wings
- Walleye Edge Beast in OT for Second Straight Game - Brampton Beast
- Glads Blank Ads 4-0, Snap Win Streak - Norfolk Admirals
- Mallards Fall in Worcester - Quad City Mallards
- Garrett Meurs Returns to Nailers from Manitoba - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norfolk Admirals Stories
- Four-Goal Second Dooms Admirals on Wednesday Night against Florida
- Game Day: Admirals Head South to Face Division Leading Florida
- Final Stretch Begins with Three-Game Stretch in Florida
- Seven-Game Home Win Streak Snapped by IceMen on Sunday Afternoon
- Game Day: Admirals Wrap up Weekend Hosting IceMen