Gibbs named ADT Defensive Player of Week
HUNTSVILLE, AL - Tennessee Valley Vipers offensive/defensive lineman, Rashad Gibbs, has been named the ADT Defensive Player of Week for week two.
Gibbs recorded 4.5 tackles in the Vipers 58-50 win over the South Georgia Wildcats last Saturday. He recorded 3.0 sacks and two came in the end zone for safeties. He also had 3.5 tackles-for-loss. The Viper defense forced six Wildcat turnovers in the win.
"Rashad is an excellent pass rusher who is adapting to the arena game very quickly," Vipers head coach Chris Williams said. "He is coming into his own a lot faster than I thought he would. Hopefully he can keep progressing at a steady pace."
The Vipers will travel to Memphis this Saturday for a rematch with the Xplorers to deal the Vipers a 47-25 setback at home on opening night.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from April 11, 2006
- Lightning to participate with Delta Blood Bank - Stockton Lightning
- af2 names DeRonn Finley "Ironman of the Week" - Bakersfield Blitz
- DeRonn Finley on "The Indoor War Report with Head Coach Gary Compton" - Bakersfield Blitz
- Jones is Schutt af2 Offensive Player of the Week - Memphis Xplorers
- Florida Firecats game notes - Florida Firecats
- Tennessee Valley Viper game notes - Alabama Vipers
- Gibbs named ADT Defensive Player of Week - Alabama Vipers
- Steeldogs to Make History with Biblical Jerseys - Alabama Steeldogs
- Birmingham Steeldogs game notes - Alabama Steeldogs
- Finley, Jomes and Gibbs earn week two honors - af2
- Louisville Fire game notes - Louisville Fire
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.