Giants Sign Forward Ethan Semeniuk to a WHL Standard Player Agreement
Vancouver, B.C. - A third member of the Vancouver Giants 2020 WHL Bantam Draft class has committed to the Western Hockey League. Giants GM Barclay Parneta announced today that 2005-born forward Ethan Semeniuk (Fort St. John, B.C.) has signed a WHL Standard Player Agreement with the team.
Originally selected by the Giants in Round 3 (56th overall) in the 2020 WHL Bantam Draft, the 5'9", 160-pound forward was the second forward and second BC-born player drafted to Vancouver. In 30 games with the Delta Hockey Academy's Bantam Prep Green program, he notched 19 goals and 31 assists for 50 points.
"Our scouting staff was ecstatic when we still had the chance to draft Ethan Semeniuk in Round 3," said Barclay Parneta. "He's a strong skater, he's skilled offensively and he thinks the game at a supremely high level. He's going to be a key contributor for us down the road and we're excited to welcome Ethan and his family to the Vancouver Giants."
Moments after the selection of Semeniuk on draft day, Giants Head Scout Terry Bonner said: "I like his skillset. He's a good skater with decent size and overall he has just a really good hockey IQ and sense for the game."
"I'm extremely thankful to the Vancouver Giants for drafting me," adds Ethan Semeniuk. "I realize that there's a lot of hard work still ahead for me, but I'm very excited to start the next chapter of my hockey career in the Western Hockey League."
Ethan Semeniuk joins Mazden Leslie (Round 1, Pick 10) and Ty Halaburda (Round 2, Pick 32) who have already signed with the Giants from their 2020 WHL Bantam Draft Class.
Semeniuk is eligible to play in five games with the 2020-21 Giants as an under-ager.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from May 4, 2020
- Reviewing the Americans' 2020 Draft Class - Tri-City Americans
- Join Us for 'Louie in the Neighbourhood' on Tuesday, May 5 - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Cougars Sign Brown to WHL Standard Player Agreement - Prince George Cougars
- Rebels Sign Jhett Larson - Red Deer Rebels
- Broncos Sign Josh Filmon to WHL Standard Player Agreement - Swift Current Broncos
- Tigers Sign Reid Andresen - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Western Hockey League Announces Spokane Chiefs Forward Adam Beckman as Recipient of Bob Clarke Trophy Presented by Kubota - WHL
- Giants Sign Forward Ethan Semeniuk to a WHL Standard Player Agreement - Vancouver Giants
- Winnipeg ICE Sign 2004 Forward Brayden Edwards to a WHL Standard Player Agreement - Winnipeg Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Giants Stories
- Giants Select Slovakian Defenceman Marko Stacha with 90th Overall Pick in 2020 CHL Import Draft
- Giants Select Swedish Forward Fabian Lysell 30th Overall in the 2020 CHL Import Draft
- Two Giants Prospects Named to Team Canada's U-17 Summer Development Camp
- Byram Named to Canada's National Junior Team Summer Development Camp
- Michael Dyck Named An Assistant Coach for Canada's National Junior Team