Giants Announce Contract Extensions for Terry Bonner and Daryl Anning
Vancouver, BC - Giants General Manager Barclay Parneta announced today that the Giants have extended the contracts of both Head Scout Terry Bonner and Scouting Director Daryl Anning. Bonner and Anning are now signed through the 2020-21 season.
Since 2001, Terry Bonner has played an integral role in identifying, drafting and recruiting players to the Vancouver Giants. With Bonner on board the Giants have drafted: Mark Fistric, Gilbert Brule, Jonathon Blum, Tyson Sexsmith, Lance Bouma, Craig Cunningham, Evander Kane, Neil Manning, Brendan Gallagher, Ty Ronning, Tyler Benson, and Bowen Byram.
Additionally, Bonner's track record for identifying and recruiting undrafted free agent players to the Vancouver Giants is unprecedented. Milan Lucic, Cody Franson, Spencer Mahacek, Jordan Martinook and Carter Popoff were all undrafted but enjoyed tremendous success with the G-Men.
"Terry has been a vital component of the Vancouver Giants success over the years," said GM Barclay Parneta. "His ability to identify, recruit and forge relationships with players and their families is phenomenal. We are fortunate to have Terry committed for the next two seasons."
Anning is a retired police officer and is entering his second season with the Giants. He spent the previous 20 seasons scouting with the Swift Current Broncos. With the Broncos, Anning served as a traveling scout and played a big part in identifying and drafting the key contributors to their 2018 WHL Championship.
Notable players drafted to the Broncos with Anning on board include: Riley Stotts, Tyler Steenbergen, Glenn Gawdin, Max Lajoie, Jake DeBrusk and Adam Lowry.
Barclay Parneta adds, "Daryl's transition to the Vancouver Giants last season was seamless. His experience and leadership qualities were evident from the beginning. The future of the Vancouver Giants remains in great hands."
Vancouver Giants Training Camp kicks off this week at the Ladner Leisure Centre. Camp begins Thursday, August 22nd and runs through Sunday, August 26th. A detailed Training Camp schedule will be released later this week.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from August 19, 2019
- Defenseman Ian Walker Retires to Pursue Academic Opportunity - Everett Silvertips
- 2019 Kamloops Blazers Training Camp Schedule & Rosters - Kamloops Blazers
- Tigers Announce Single Game Ticket Date - Medicine Hat Tigers
- 2019 Training Camp Roster - Tri-City Americans
- Meet the Ultimate Fans of the 2020 Memorial Cup Presented by Kia Kelowna - Kelowna Rockets
- Blazers Name Robbie Sandland Director of Player Personnel - Kamloops Blazers
- Giants Announce Contract Extensions for Terry Bonner and Daryl Anning - Vancouver Giants
- Hitmen Heading Outdoors for the Prairie Classic - Calgary Hitmen
- Oil Kings Announce 2019-20 Promotional Schedule - Edmonton Oil Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Giants Stories
- Vancouver Giants Start Season with a 5-3 Win in Prince George
- Giants Trade Overage Forward Jadon Joseph to Moose Jaw
- Giants Fall in Preseason Finale 5-1 to Kamloops
- Giants Grab Fourth Straight Preseason Win Saturday at Home
- Nielsen's Hat-Trick Leads G-Men over the Royals