Gens' streak snapped by 'Jacks
FLINT, MI - The Flint Generals were in Muskegon Friday night where their five game point streak was snapped in a 1-0 loss.
The Generals and Lumberjacks played a pretty even first with neither team lighting the lamp but Muskegon was the team that found a way to sustain pressure. The zeros were finally broken at 12:32 of the second when Muskegon captain Todd Robinson scored his14th of the year from Robin Bouchard and Jordan Little, giving Muskegon a 1-0 lead.
Flint turned up the heat in the final frame creating excellent scoring opportunities. Muskegon handed the Gens a huge opportunity when Todd Robinson was given four minutes for high sticking but the G-Men were unable to setup until the later stages of the power play and Sebastian Centomo was unbreakable between the pipes, holding on for the win.
The Gens went 0 for 7 with the man advantage in another fantastic effort by Rob Nolan, who stopped 29 of 30 shots through 60:00 minutes of play.
Action resumes tomorrow night at 7:30 PM for the Gens squad who welcome the Dayton Gems to Perani Arena. The Generals are offering a special deal for Silver Sticks participants for tomorrow's game; players who wear their team jerseys to the Gens game receive FREE admission while their family and friends receive tickets for just $5.
Tickets are available for tomorrow's game at the Perani Ticket Office, by phone at 810-744-0580, or through Ticketmaster. For group ticket information, call the Generals office at 810-744-0222 or visit our website at www.flintgenerals.com.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from January 8, 2010
- Thunder suffers shootout loss - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Gens' streak snapped by 'Jacks - Flint Generals
- Dolgy back in Flint - Flint Generals
- Dayton Gems December In Review - Dayton Gems
- Dayton Gems In Action Saturday - Dayton Gems
- Silver Sticks At Perani - Flint Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals