Dolgy back in Flint
FLINT, MI - The Flint Generals announced Friday afternoon the signing of forward Jason Dolgy.
Dolgy, who began the 2009-10 season with the Chi-Town Shooters, spent a brief time in Flint with the Generals, lacing up his skates in three games before being sent back down to the Shooters. During his short time back with Chi-Town, Dolgy went on a scoring frenzy, racking up 13 points.
The 6'1" 194 pound Montreal native is in his second year of pro hockey. Before going pro, he competed for SUNY- Brockport of the NCAA for four seasons. During his first season with Chi-Town, the 24-year old Dolgy scored 20 goals, tallied 41 assists and collected 47 penalty minutes in 36 games. Through the first 12 games of this season, he has 9 goals and 6 assists for the Shooters.
The Generals also announced that veteran Bryan Smolinski has been placed on 30- Day Injured Reserve. Smolinski received the worst of an accidental knee-on-knee collision during the Gens game against Quad City on Dec. 29th.
Dolgy and the Generals hit the ice tonight in Muskegon, head home for a game against Dayton tomorrow before returning to L.C. Walker Arena for their second meeting with the Lumberjacks.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from January 8, 2010
- Thunder suffers shootout loss - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Gens' streak snapped by 'Jacks - Flint Generals
- Dolgy back in Flint - Flint Generals
- Dayton Gems December In Review - Dayton Gems
- Dayton Gems In Action Saturday - Dayton Gems
- Silver Sticks At Perani - Flint Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals