Generals Trim Preseason Roster
FLINT, MI - The Flint Generals announced Monday that they have trimmed ten players from their training camp roster. Players released include Nick Niedert, Eli King, Hank Levin, Solomon McCann, Kevin Galerno, Jeff Diehl, Mike Smietana, Tomas Janak, Kaspars Astashenko and Bill Horton.
The Generals' preseason roster falls to 21 as they enter their last week of training camp. The Generals finished their exhibition games this past Saturday with a 6-2 win over their rivals, the Port Huron IceHawks. Flint lost to Port Huron the previous night, falling 2-3 in a shootout.
The Generals open the 2009-2010 season with a pair of games this weekend. Their first game is Friday, Oct. 16th at home against Muskegon, with the puck dropping at 7:30pm. They will then host the Quad City Mallards Saturday, Oct. 17th face-off is at 7:30pm.
Single game tickets for Generals home games are on sale now at the Perani Arena & Event Center Ticket Office and online at www.ticketmaster.com. The Generals offer discounts on group tickets at the Generals office at 3501 Lapeer Rd. Season tickets also continue to be on sale. For more information visit the Generals office, call 810-744-0222 or visit the Generals website at www.flintgenerals.com.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from October 12, 2009
- Lumberjacks Release Two Players - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Mallards Trim Training Camp Roster by Seven - Quad City Mallards
- Komets release three from preseason roster - Fort Wayne Komets
- Icehawks Trim Roster As They Prepare For Season Opener - Port Huron Icehawks
- Generals Trim Preseason Roster - Flint Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals