Generals Remain Hot Sweeping Bombers
Victoria Generals wrap up a quick two-game road trip, taking a pair from the Bombers in Brazos Valley 2-1 tonight. This would be the Generals sixth win in seven games and moves the Generals within one game of the first place Bombers heading home for a two-game series with the Bombers.
Generals get things going early in the first as and score a pair of runs on wild pitching from the Bombers pitcher Chandler Jozwiak who would hit three Generals allowing the two runs. Dylan Hutcheson would get things started as he would be hit by a pitch. Nick Barnes would single putting two on for Luis Vargas who would double, scoring Hutcheson. Michael Slaten would also be hit by a pitch loading the bases for Kyle Guttveg who would also be hit by a pitch scoring Barnes, running the score to 2-0 Generals.
Pedro Garcia would start the game and keep the game scoreless until the a pair of singles in the third and a sacrifice fly would score a run to take the score to 2-1 heading into the fourth inning.
Pedro Garcia would go five innings and would give way to Jonathan Jimenez who would pitch two scoreless allowing no runs on one hit with three walks and two strikeouts. Zach Smith would come in and pitch the eighth inning allowing no runs on one hit.
Garrett Alexander would come in for his third save opportunity in four games and would slam the door on the Bombers allowing a pair of runners that would eventually be stranded. Alexander now has three saves in three opportunities. Pedro Garcia would get the win for the Generals.
Catch the Victoria Generals back in action on Thursday, June 14th as the Generals will host the defending TCL Champion Brazos Valley Bombers in game one of a two game series. It will be Victoria College Night at the Park as well as Thirsty Thursday with $1 draft been all game long on the Compadres Party Deck. Friday will be Free Ticket Night presented by Fastop/Ozarka with free admission to everyone.
• Discuss this story on the Texas Collegiate League message board...
Texas Collegiate League Stories from June 14, 2018
- Generals Take First Game with Marshals 4-2 - Victoria Generals
- Generals Remain Hot Sweeping Bombers - Victoria Generals
- Bombers Drop Close Game at Home to End Homestand - Brazos Valley Bombers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Victoria Generals Stories
- Generals Sign Two from Our Lady of the Lake University
- University of Houston, Oklahoma and UTSA Headline this Week's Roster Additions
- Generals Sign Two from University of the Incarnate Word
- Sam Houston with Strong Presence on Generals Roster
- Generals Return Coaching Staff for the 2019 Season