Generals Nolan And Gentile Receive League Honors
FLINT, MI - The Flint Generals, proud members of the IHL, are pleased to announce the league recognition given to Rob Nolan and Brandon Gentile. Nolan, a rookie netminder for the Generals, was named Meijer/IHL Goaltender of the Week while Gentile received Rookie of the week.
Nolan, a 24-year old native of Sherwood Park, Alberta headed into last week winless this season, but won two straight games and two of three games last week. He had a great outing Friday in Dayton, stopping 29 of 30 shots faced and Saturday after coming in as relief for starter Jean-Francois Labbe, Nolan stopped all 32 shots faced, allowing the team to claw their way back from a 3-0 deficit.
Nolan leads the league in goals against average (2.28) and save percentage (.930)
The 22-year old Clarkston, MI native Gentile is one of the newer faced in the Gens lineup playing in just 9 games. He was held scoreless in his first six appearances but tallied 5 points in the last three games. He had an assist in the 5-4 loss to Fort Wayne, netted two goals and one assist in the Gens' 3-1 win in Dayton, and the tying goal late in the third period of the 4-3 shootout upset of Muskegon.
"Well deserved for both, they have been working very hard," said coach Jason Muzzatti.
Nolan and a few other players will be at the Genesee Valley Mall tomorrow participating in the Red Kettle Christmas Campaign for the Salvation Army as bell ringers from 1-5pm inside the mall, outside the entrances of Macy's and Sears. They will also be at Wize Guys Pizza this Thursday, Dec. 3rd from 12:30-1:30pm for the Generals first Player of the Month Luncheon of the season, fans are welcome to attend.
The team will be back in action t his Friday when Bloomington comes to town. It's "Pre-Holiday Shopping Night" at Perani, local businesses will have tables setup around the concourse prior to and throughout the game selling various products. They head to Fort Wayne Sunday to avenge the tough 5-4 loss dealt them Thanksgiving Night.
Tickets for Friday's game and all Generals home games are available at the Perani Arena Ticket Office, through Ticketmaster. For group rates with the Generals call the Generals office at (810) 744-0222 or visit our website at www.flintgenerals.com. All games are available for viewing on our website through the B2 Network.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from November 30, 2009
- Bouchard IHL Player Of Week - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Generals Nolan And Gentile Receive League Honors - Flint Generals
- Mallards Fly Into Winning Column - IHL 2
- IHL Weekly Honors For Week Seven - IHL 2
- Komets Home For Two This Weekend - Fort Wayne Komets
- Generals Take Part In Red Kettle Chirstmas Campaign - Flint Generals
- Generals Weekly Notes - Flint Generals
- 'Jacks Lead League - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Jacks Weekly Notes - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Generals Upset League Leading 'Jacks In 4-3 Shootout - Flint Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals