Generals Lose in Shootout
Flint, MI- Quad City beat Flint Generals 4-3 in Shootout
FIRST PERIOD: At 3:23 by Rick Smith scored for the Generals, getting the assist from Pascal Rheaume (Smith followed rebound and beat Kyle Jones from slot). At 11:37 Q.C. tied the game with a power play goal from Chris Lipsett (assists to Jaques Perreault, Mike Zbriger). Mallards made it 2-1 with another power play goal by Juris Stals (AJ Bozoian, Ryan Fultz got the assistss).
SECOND PERIOD John Ronan scored on the power play to tie it 2-2 at 8:37 from Jamie Schaafsma and Jake Pence. Jamie Schaafsma scored with 4 minutes left in the second off a nice pass from Mori.
THIRD PERIOD Patrick Levesque scored to tie it 3-3 with .39 seconds remaining.
OT not enough time to decide winner went to Shootout. Quad City's Patrick Levesque and Juris Stals made their first two attempts while Flint missed.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from December 30, 2009
- Mallards Best Gens 4-3 In Shootout - Flint Generals
- Generals Lose in Shootout - Flint Generals
- Gems Drop Tough Decision To Komets 3-2 - Dayton Gems
- Mallards Rally Past Flint In Shootout 4-3 - Quad City Mallards
- Generals Weekly Report: Week Twelve - Flint Generals
- Thunder Invades Fort Wayne - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Dayton Gems Beat Fort Wayne Komets To Snap Losing Streak 6-4 - Dayton Gems
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals