Generals Gameday: August 18 vs. Tennessee
For Turn-Back-The-Clock Night on August 17, the Generals wore special throwback Memphis Chicks uniforms that are currently being auctioned off, with proceeds going to charity!
Jackson Generals (69-53 Overall, 30-22 2nd Half)
Vs. Tennessee Smokies (51-73, 18-37 2nd Half)
Sunday, August 18 | 6:05 pm CT | Game 123 | 2nd Half Game 53
Generals SP: TBA (RHP Bo Takahashi scratched, called up to MLB)
Opponent SP: LHP Jack Patterson (1-0, 3.38 ERA)
SERIES PRIMER: The Generals host the Tennessee Smokies (AA, Chicago Cubs) for the second and final time in 2019. This is the only time these teams have met in the Second Half, their first series in three months. The Smokies have been eliminated from playoff contention; the Generals are 4 ½ games behind Montgomery in the Second Half divisional race, and they lead Birmingham in the overall record race by 13 ½ games with 15 games remaining (thru August 17).
CHC Top-30 Prospects at TNS (with rank): IF Nico Hoerner (#1), SS Zack Short (#9), RHP Cory Abbott (#16), RHP Oscar De La Cruz (#22), RHP Erich Uelmen (#24), LHP Jack Patterson (#27)
LAST GAME: Jackson, Tenn. - The Jackson Generals, the Double-A affiliate of Major League Baseball's Arizona Diamondbacks, put up another great fight against the Montgomery Biscuits on Saturday, but they couldn't complete the deed, falling 8-7 in the series finale at The Ballpark at Jackson. The Generals (69-53) dropped their fourth game in five nights to division-leading Montgomery (80-45), though they put on quite a show for a season-high 5,166 in attendance.
Full Recap: JacksonGeneralsBaseball.com
TODAY'S PITCHERS: After losing their fourth game in five days, the Generals will have to make an adjustment as they open their series with the Smokies. Coincidentally, they have been forced to alter their starting rotation, as Bo Takahashi was scratched from his scheduled Sunday start to be called up to the Diamondbacks' active roster for the first time. This will be Jackson's first look at Tennessee lefthander Jack Patterson, who has allowed four earned runs over his first two starts at Double-A. Patterson was the 32nd round pick of the Cubs in the 2018 Draft out of Bryant University in Rhode Island.
ALL-STAR 2020: On July 29, the Jackson Generals announced that they would play host to the 2020 Southern League All-Star Game at The Ballpark at Jackson, their first All-Star Game since 2011. Manager Blake Lalli was a participant in that 2011 game, which the North Division won 6-3. (CLICK: 2020 SL ASG release)
Willie Nelson/Alison Krauss Tickets Link
WILLIE NELSON & ALISON KRAUSS, LIVE IN JACKSON!
Tickets for Tuesday, September 17th's Willie Nelson/Alison Krauss concert at The Ballpark at Jackson are on sale now by phone, in person, and on our website at JacksonGeneralsBaseball.com. Don't miss seeing these 2 stars!
ALL THE KIDS ARE DOING IT: The Junior Generals Kids Club has been completely revamped for 2019, with over 300 participants already signed up! New achievement levels are in place, with rewards given to the most loyal fans. Get the most out of your child's time at The Ballpark - sign them up today!
Kids Club 2019 Link
|GENERALS TICKETS SUMMARY|
General Admission (GA): $6 in advance, $8 on game day
Reserved Seating: $10 in advance, $12 on game day
Group Picnics: $7/person (plus food) for 15+ people; $6/person for 100+
Suites/Party Decks: Please call the front office for pricing & availability.
Belly Buster Monday Nights:
$16 bottomless popcorn, hot dogs, burgers, ice cream, soda & nachos
$1 Dollar Thursday Nights:
$1 tickets, hot dogs, popcorn, and soda; $1 beer for age 21+
Generals partner with a local non-profit for in-game promotion; call us for details!
The 2019 baseball season is here! Get your tickets today: dial 731.988.5299 or log on to JacksonGeneralsBaseball.com!
• Discuss this story on the Southern League message board...
Southern League Stories from August 18, 2019
- Short Staff Does the Job in 4-3 Victory - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
- Generals Sneak by Smokies in Opener, 3-2 - Jackson Generals
- Smokies Edged in Series Opener at Jackson - Tennessee Smokies
- Too Much Lookouts Power for Mobile - Chattanooga Lookouts
- Nolan Guides Barons Past Shrimp in Opener - Birmingham Barons
- M-Braves Drop Series Opener to Wahoos - Mississippi Braves
- Barons Top Shrimp 6-2 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Shuckers Blanked by Biscuits in Series Opener - Biloxi Shuckers
- Biscuits Blank Shuckers, 4-0 - Montgomery Biscuits
- Generals Gameday: August 18 vs. Tennessee - Jackson Generals
- Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp: Game Notes, August 18 at Birmingham - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Homestand Highlights: August 18-22 vs. Pensacola Blue Wahoos - Mississippi Braves
- Blue Wahoos Staff Stifles Lookouts - Pensacola Blue Wahoos
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Jackson Generals Stories
- Shadrack's Christmas Light Show Begins at the Ballpark on November 13th
- Generals Unveil Newest Economic Impact Study
- Jerry "The King" Lawler to Host 50th Anniversary Event in Jackson
- Minor League Baseball Announces Cancellation of 2020 Season
- Snoop Dogg and Twista Concert Postponed