Generals Bring Two New Faces To Lineup
FLINT, MI - The Flint Generals announced Tuesday the additions of Brandon Gentile and Alec Kirschner to the 2009-10 lineup and the release of Lucas Schott and Mike Thomson.
Gentile is a 6'0" 196 pound defenseman from Clarkston, MI. He spent two years with the U.S. National Under- 18 Team before heading into four years of collegiate hockey at Michigan State University. In his time with the Spartans he tallied 16 assists and 176 penalty minutes in 135 games. The 22 year old spent the 2008-09 season with the Gwinnett Gladiators of the ECHL.
"Gentile is a steady blueliner, and brings post season experience with his National Championship with Michigan State," says Coach Jason Muzzatti.
Kirschner is a 5'10" 180 pound forward native of Dix Hills, NY. The 2006-07 seasons were spent with the University of Connecticut. Last season he made the jump to playing pro and signed with the Muskegon Lumberjacks of the IHL, competing in 65 games for the 'Jacks scoring 7 goals and 22 assists for 29 points, and collected 24 PIMs. Kirschner spent the early part of this season with the Tulsa Oilers of the CHL.
Muzzatti feels Kirschner will also be a big asset to the squad, saying he is a great skater, hard worker and will bring a lot of energy to the lineup.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from November 10, 2009
- Volunteer At Icehawks Games, Receive Free Tickets - Port Huron Icehawks
- Generals Bring Two New Faces To Lineup - Flint Generals
- Lumberjacks Host Goodwill Night - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Lumberjacks Deal Dacosta To Dayton - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Komets Home For Two This Weekend - Fort Wayne Komets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals