Generals and United Way Team up for Points 4 United Way
The Oshawa Generals and the United Way of Durham Region team up to help kids get a better start.
Whether you are a diehard Generals fan, casual supporter or member of the community who think we should all do something about battling poverty and its impacts, you are invited to join us as a Points4UnitedWay contributor. This season our United Way "scoring ambassadors" are Kyle MacLean, Allan McShane and Serron Noel. What they do on the ice this season by putting up points will all contribute to final donations to the United Way.
Here's how you get involved! It's simple.
You register online. It is secure and quick, and you are in total control. You can join as an individual, or create a Points4UnitedWay team and with your colleagues, friends or family help to raise dollars which will stay in Durham Region. Your dollars are eligible for a tax receipt, and 100% of the Points4 (minus credit card fees) will support our youth initiatives. And you may cancel at any time.
Every dollar will support three youth priorities. Our focus is on youth employment, operation backpack (and school preparedness) and adult mentorship for youth.
While there can be no doubt that much has changed in the past 5, 10 or 20 years, and that the pace of change is becoming more rapid, some of our cultural anchors remain. Two of them in Durham Region are the Oshawa Generals and the United Way. (Each for more than 75 years) We're proud of our partnership and hope that everyone in Durham will come out and cheer on the Generals, and we hope as well that we will welcome many more people to Team Possibility. (Signing up to be a Points4UnitedWay donor means you've become an official member of Team Possibility)
Helping a kid get a better start in life. Changing their trajectory, can start with "making it possible".
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from January 15, 2019
- Troops Prep for Sudbury - North Bay Battalion
- Three-In-Three for Petes this Weekend - Peterborough Petes
- Generals and United Way Team up for Points 4 United Way - Oshawa Generals
- Wolves Host Triple the Action this Week - Sudbury Wolves
- IceDogs Games this Week - January 15th - 21st - Niagara IceDogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oshawa Generals Stories
- Generals Receive Second Straight Loss at the Hands of Division Rival Petes
- Game Preview: Generals Look to Regain Winning Ways against Arch-Nemesis Petes at 6:05pm Sunday
- Sting Hand Generals First Loss of the Season in High Scoring Affair
- Game Preview: Undefeated Generals Faceoff against Unvictorious Sarnia Sting
- Generals Announce Leadership Group for the 2019/2020 Season