Gavin Bryant Named Midwest Division Academic Player of the Month
Earlier today the Ontario Hockey League named Owen Sound Attack rookie forward Gavin Bryant the Midwest Division Academic Players of the Month for March. Owen Beck (Mississauga Steelheads), Sam Alfano (Peterborough Petes) and Nicholas De Angelis (Windsor Spitfires) also received the award for their respective divisions. "This year has presented many challenges both on and off the ice, but through all the stress and challenges school has remained a top priority" said Bryant. "Winning an award like this is a testament to the support I have received from my family, teachers and Attack Academic Advisor Sarah Rowe who have put me in the best position to succeed." This year Bryant has seized the opportunity to focus more heavily on his studies while the demands from hockey are much lighter. Between summer school and the first two quadmesters he has completed 5 course with an overall average of 89%. This includes 80% in Grade 12 university English, 82% in grade 12 university Sociology, 94% in grade 11 university math, 95% in the Ontario Literacy course and 94% in Co-operative studies. "While some students have found online learning difficult and have had trouble motivating themselves, Gavin has seized the opportunity and excelled" said Attack Academic Advisor Sarah Rowe. "His teachers are very impressed with his maturity, commenting that his insights and attention to detail are well beyond those of his peers." The native of Ingersoll, Ontario is currently in the third quadmester taking grade 11 university biology and co-operative studies.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from April 1, 2021
- Gavin Bryant Named Midwest Division Academic Player of the Month - Owen Sound Attack
- Frontenacs Sign Paul Hughes to a Standard Player Agreement - Kingston Frontenacs
- Danny Zhilkin Named to Canada's National Under-18 Team - Guelph Storm
- 13 OHL Players Named to Canada's National Men's Under-18 Team - OHL
- Brett Harrison Named to Team Canada U-18 Team - Oshawa Generals
- Francesco Pinelli to Represent Team Canada at 2021 IIHF U18 World Championship - Kitchener Rangers
- Hockey Canada Names Mason McTavish to Men's Under-18 Roster - Peterborough Petes
- Shane Wright Named to Canada's 2021 IIHF U18 World Championship Roster - Kingston Frontenacs
- Wyatt Johnston Selected to Represent Canada at 2021 IIHF U18 World Championship - Windsor Spitfires
- Ben Gaudreau Selected to Represent Canada at 2021 IIhf U18 World Championship - Sarnia Sting
- OHL Announces Academic Players of the Month for March - OHL
- Mark Fraser Joins the Kitchener Rangers Alumni Mentorship Program - Kitchener Rangers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Owen Sound Attack Stories
- Attack Draw 11th Pick in OHL U18 Draft and 39th Pick in CHL Import Draft
- Attack Draw 8th Pick in OHL Priority Selection Lottery
- Draft Lottery Offers Chance for Attack "First"
- Attack Partners with Rogers TV to Celebrate 10th Anniversary of 2011 OHL Championship
- Open Letter from Attack Ownership