Brett Harrison Named to Team Canada U-18 Team
Oshawa, Ont. - The Oshawa Generals are excited to announce second-year forward Brett Harrison has been selected to represent Canada in Frisco, Texas later this month at the IIHF World U-18 tournament.
At only 17 years old, Harrison has consistently produced at the junior level. In his rookie season with the Oshawa Generals, he appeared in 58 games, scoring 21 goals and adding 16 assists for 37 points. Harrison finished 7th in rookie scoring last season.
Like many others, Harrison needed to find alternatives to a postponed OHL season. This landed him in Koovee, Finland, where he played seven games with the Koovee U-20 team of the junior SM-sarja league. He scored four goals and five assists in those seven games, earning him a call-up to the Koovee major league team, before flying back to Canada.
Harrison is no stranger to international play either, representing Canada at the 2019 World U-17 Hockey Challenge, playing for Team Canada White. He scored two goals in his six games at the tournament.
The tournament represents yet another opportunity for Harrison to continue his development as one of the best young forwards in the OHL.
"Brett's first season in the OHL was a glimpse of what Gens fans have to look forward to," says General Manager Roger Hunt. "However, for Brett to be recognized on the world stage is a credit to his work ethic and skill combination. He works very hard on and off the ice and this will be on display as he suits up for Team Canada. After the interruption of this season, Brett spent some time in Europe to continue to improve his craft and he did exactly that. He is a combination of a true scorer who works as hard in his own end as the offensive zone. He is a coach's dream. We can't wait to cheer Brett on to gold."
His first game is on Wednesday, April 29th at 9 p.m. ET, when Canada takes on Latvia in their tournament opener.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from April 1, 2021
- Gavin Bryant Named Midwest Division Academic Player of the Month - Owen Sound Attack
- Frontenacs Sign Paul Hughes to a Standard Player Agreement - Kingston Frontenacs
- Danny Zhilkin Named to Canada's National Under-18 Team - Guelph Storm
- 13 OHL Players Named to Canada's National Men's Under-18 Team - OHL
- Brett Harrison Named to Team Canada U-18 Team - Oshawa Generals
- Francesco Pinelli to Represent Team Canada at 2021 IIHF U18 World Championship - Kitchener Rangers
- Hockey Canada Names Mason McTavish to Men's Under-18 Roster - Peterborough Petes
- Shane Wright Named to Canada's 2021 IIHF U18 World Championship Roster - Kingston Frontenacs
- Wyatt Johnston Selected to Represent Canada at 2021 IIHF U18 World Championship - Windsor Spitfires
- Ben Gaudreau Selected to Represent Canada at 2021 IIhf U18 World Championship - Sarnia Sting
- OHL Announces Academic Players of the Month for March - OHL
- Mark Fraser Joins the Kitchener Rangers Alumni Mentorship Program - Kitchener Rangers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oshawa Generals Stories
- Oshawa Generals to Select 2nd Overall at 2021 OHL Priority Selection
- U18 Worlds Primer: Brett Harrison
- Brett Harrison Named to Team Canada U-18 Team
- Generals and Petes Set to Battle for Hockey Gives Blood 'Be a Hero Challenge'
- Black Excellence: Saroya Tinker, Unapologetically Herself