Galaxy trades Kirovski to Colorado
CARSON, CA (Tuesday, September 13, 2005) - The Los Angeles Galaxy have traded former U.S. national team midfielder Jovan Kirovski to the Colorado Rapids in exchange for a first round pick in the 2007 MLS SuperDraft, the club announced today.
"We are very grateful to Jovan for his services both on and off the field and wish him all the best in the future," said Galaxy President and General Manager Doug Hamilton. "Not only to do we gain a valuable draft pick in return for Jovan, but we open up a valued roster spot which we will fill prior to the September 15 deadline."
Kirovski, 29, has played in 24 games (21 starts) for the Green and Gold during the present campaign, playing 1704 minutes. He has amassed four goals and four assists - both totals good enough for a place among the team's leaders.
In 2004, his first year with the Galaxy, the former U.S. national team performer made 23 starts in 24 games while logging 1984 minutes played. He finished second on the club with eight goals and also contributed two assists.
The Los Angeles Galaxy will return to The Home Depot Center on the campus of California State University, Dominguez Hills on Sunday, September 25 when they host the Kansas City Wizards. The 5pm game will feature a celebration of the Galaxy's annual AYSO night. For more information or to purchase tickets, call the Galaxy Ticket Office toll-free at 1-877-3GALAXY.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 13, 2005
- RSL volunteers help local citizen - Real Salt Lake
- Galaxy trades Kirovski to Colorado - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Brazilian midfielder Marcelo Saragosa returns to Galaxy - Los Angeles Galaxy
- Rapids Add Strikers Jovan Kirovski and Diego Serna to Roster - Colorado Rapids
- Crew To Give Tickets To Families Of Deployed Servicemen And Women - Columbus Crew SC
- D.C. United collects soccer equipment in September - D.C. United
- Chicago Fire Game Preview - Chicago Fire
- Wizards to collect donations for hurricane victims - Sporting Kansas City
- Rapids travel to DC to take on United Saturday - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy to Host Fan Appreciation Day on October 28 at StubHub Center During Final MLS Regular Season Match
- Rose Bowl Stadium to Host Inaugural Matchday of the 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup on June 15
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 1, Sporting KC 1 - Saturday, October 6, 2018
- Rolf Feltscher Called up to Venezuelan National Team for International Friendlies
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 3, Vancouver Whitecaps FC 0