Galaxy select five players in MLS SuperDraft
CARSON, CA (Friday, January 12, 2007) - The Los Angeles Galaxy drafted five players in the 2007 MLS SuperDraft and acquired two partial allocations, the club announced today. The L.A. Galaxy selected the following players in the 2007 MLS SuperDraft held in Indianapolis, Indiana: forward Robbie Findley (2nd Round - 16th overall), midfielder Josh Tudela (2nd Round - 20th overall), defender Ty Harden (2nd Round - 23rd overall), goalkeeper Tally Hall (4th Round - 44th overall) and forward Bobby Burling (4th round - 45th overall).
"I think we've covered everything, we've got some good young players and allocation money out of it," said L.A. Galaxy Head Coach Frank Yallop. "We've also given our self an opportunity to strengthen the team on the field right now."
The Galaxy acquired the first partial allocation from the New England Revolution, in exchange for the fifth overall pick (1st round) in the 2007 MLS SuperDraft and a second round pick in the 2008 MLS SuperDraft. A second partial allocation was acquired by the Galaxy through a trade with Toronto FC, in exchange for the tenth overall pick (1st round).
With the 16th overall selection in the second round, Los Angeles chose forward Robbie Findley from Phoenix, Arizona. At Oregon State University, Findley registered 28 goals in 69 career games. Harden, is part of the Trinidad & Tobago's U-23 National Team Program.
Los Angeles then selected midfielder Josh Tudela from Indiana University with the 20th pick in the second round, following a standout career with the Hoosiers that saw him play 90 games with 11 goals and 17 assists. In his senior year, the Evansville, Indiana native was named to the NSCAA All-American Third Team (2006).
A native of Junction City, Oregon, Ty Haden was selected 23rd overall by the Galaxy from the University of Washington. He played 77 games (75 as starter) for the Huskies and found the back of the net on six occasions. While at Washington, Harden earned Third-team NSCAA/adidas All-American (2006), First-team All-Far West Region (2005,2006), All-Pac-10 second-team (2005,2006) and All-Pac 10 second-team (2003,2004).
Goalkeeper Tally Hall, who attended San Diego State University, was chosen 44th overall after playing 65 games and registering 256 saves. He boasted a strong 1.11 Goals-Against-Average (GAA) with the Aztecs by allowing only 68 goals against. The San Diego Native was also named to the All-Pac 10 first team in 2005 and 2006.
With their final pick in the 2007 MLS SuperDraft, the Galaxy chose forward Bubby Burling from Monument, Colorado. Burling attended the Loyola Marymount University where he played 80 games and registered 15 goals and 18 assists. In 2006, he was named to the First Team All-WCC and NSCAA Far West Region Second Team.
LOS ANGELES GALAXY 2007 MLS SUPERDRAFT SELECTIONS
# PLAYER POS. HT WT DOB HOMETOWN CLUB/COLLEGE
16. Robbie Findley FW 5-9 165 08/04/1985 Phoenix, Ariz. Oregon State Univ.
20. Josh Tudela MF 5-9 160 03/13/1984 Evansville, Ind. Indiana Univ.
23. Ty Harden DF 6-1 190 03/06/1984 Junction City, Ore. Univ. of Washington
44. Tally Hall GK 6-4 205 05/12/1985 Gig Harbor, Wash. San Diego State Univ.
45. Bobby Burling FW 6-5 195 10/15/1985 Monument, Colo. Loyola Marymount Univ.
Fans interested in 2007 L.A. Galaxy season tickets should call toll-free
1-877-3GALAXY or visit www.lagalaxy.com
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 12, 2007
- Galaxy select five players in MLS SuperDraft - LA Galaxy
- Chivas USA picks two, acquires Arvizu in trade at 2007 MLS SuperDraft in Indianapolis - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Crew acquires Herron from Chicago, selects three at MLS SuperDraft - Columbus Crew SC
- Fire adds six, trades Herron during busy 2007 MLS SuperDraft - Chicago Fire
- Toronto FC Selects Maurice Edu with No. 1 Selection in 2007 MLS SuperDraft - MLS
- Rapids Make Five Picks in 2007 MLS SuperDraft - Colorado Rapids
- D.C. United drafts Bryan Arguez in first round of 2007 MLS SuperDraft - D.C. United
- Revolution Adds Six Players at 2007 MLS SuperDraft - New England Revolution
- Red Bulls Draft Richards, Ubiparipovic, Trades Arvizu - New York Red Bulls
- Revolution selects Wells Thompson and Ameachi Igwe in MLS SuperDraft First Round - New England Revolution
- Rapids Make Nico Colaluca Their First Pick in the 2007 MLS SuperDraft - Colorado Rapids
- Rapids Acquire Greg Vanney From FC Dallas in 2007 MLS SuperDraft Trade - Colorado Rapids
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Cup Returns to Orange County Great Park
- LA Galaxy Midfielder Efrain Alvarez Named to Mexico's U-17 FIFA World Cup Roster
- LA Galaxy to Host Watch Party on October 20 at Dignity Health Sports Park's Legends Plaza for Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs Match
- LA Galaxy to Face Minnesota United FC in Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs on Sunday, October 20
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes: LA Galaxy 2, Houston Dynamo 4 - Sunday, October 6, 2019