Fusion partners with Summit City Radio Group
The Fort Wayne Fusion has announced that they have entered into a marketing partnership with the Summit City Radio Group to broadcast their games on a trio of Fort Wayne stations, including WGL 1250 "The River."
"WGL has a long, rich heritage in this area, and we are extremely pleased to team up with the Summit City Radio Group," said Fusion General Manager Mike McCaffrey. "It's more than just game broadcasts, it's team updates, a coaches show and more. It's our goal to reach fans all over the Fort Wayne area, and the Summit City Radio Group can help us do that by spreading our message across their three stations, each of which has their own target demographic. "
As McCaffrey mentioned, the Fusion will also air a weekly Coaches Show throughout the season, with Head Coach Eddie Brown hitting the airwaves to discuss the team, the games and upcoming events. Details on the show's schedule, format and guest appearances will be announced around the beginning of the regular season.
The Fusion also announced that veteran broadcaster Dean Jackson will handle the play-by-play for the Fusion in 2007. In addition to his work as Director of Public Relations for the Fusion, Jackson has broadcast high school, college, and minor league sports in the Fort Wayne area for more than 10 years. He also is also the host of the weekly af2 podcast "Off the Nets."
As for the radio partnership, it's a win-win situation for both the radio group and the Fusion.
"We are very excited and pleased to partner with a football organization such as the Fort Wayne Fusion," said station Manager Rob Livergood. "Their professionalism, along with their desire to succeed, will be a delightful addition to Fort Wayne sports fans. It is our pleasure to continue to associate ourselves with such first class advertising partners. We look forward to helping the Fusion get the word out that there is a new football powerhouse in Fort Wayne."
WGL 1250 "The River" is part of the Summit City Radio Group, including WWGL 102.9 FM, WNHT "WILD 96.3" and WXKE "ROCK 104"
For more information, contact Fusion Director of Public Relations Dean Jackson at (260) 760-8666 or via e-mail at email@example.com.
The Fort Wayne Fusion kicks off the inaugural 2007 season Saturday, March 31st against the defending American Conference Champion Green Bay Blizzard. To get your 2007 Fusion season tickets, contact the Fusion office at (260) 484-4095 or visit www.fwfusion.com.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from February 21, 2007
- Bakersfield Blitz Featured in New PlayStation2 Game - Bakersfield Blitz
- Shock debut in video game - Spokane Shock
- Wildcats are now "In the Game" - South Georgia Wildcats
- Manchester Wolves update - Manchester Wolves
- af2 Teams Featured in Latest EA Sports Arena Football Game - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers
- Steeldogs in Arena Football: Road to Glory Video Game - Alabama Steeldogs
- Vipers assigned '06 receiving leader Torrey Day - Alabama Vipers
- The Fire Wire - Louisville Fire
- af2 teams to appear in AFL video game Arena Football: Road to Glory - af2
- Fusion partners with Summit City Radio Group - Fort Wayne Fusion
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.