Vipers assigned '06 receiving leader Torrey Day
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. - Tennessee Valley Vipers coach Milt Theodosatos has announced that former Alabama A&M wide receiver Torrey Day has been reassigned to the Vipers for the 2007 season.
In addition, former Wyoming defensive end Anthony Jones - an early Tennessee Valley assignee - has signed a contract with the Arena Football League's Austin Wranglers.
"Torrey comes back to us after working out with Orlando (of the AFL) and he brings to us tremendous experience and reps in the arena game,'' Theodosatos said. "He should be an outstanding contribution to our program.
"We've also got a big weekend coming up with roster cuts in the AFL and NFL Europe. There will be some players on the move."
Day led the Vipers with 98 receptions for 1,313 yards and 21 touchdowns in 13 games last season. He also played defensive back, recording 21.5 tackles with an interception and three pass breakups.
From 2003-05, Day played 32 games for the Louisville Fire, Green Bay Blizzard and South Georgia Wildcats, catching 126 passes for 1,613 yards and 27 touchdowns.
"We started something last year and we didn't finish the way we wanted to,'' Day said. "I want to come back on a good note. I love the environment (at the Von Braun Center) here in Huntsville and it's an exciting place to play."
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from February 21, 2007
- Bakersfield Blitz Featured in New PlayStation2 Game - Bakersfield Blitz
- Shock debut in video game - Spokane Shock
- Wildcats are now "In the Game" - South Georgia Wildcats
- Manchester Wolves update - Manchester Wolves
- af2 Teams Featured in Latest EA Sports Arena Football Game - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers
- Steeldogs in Arena Football: Road to Glory Video Game - Alabama Steeldogs
- Vipers assigned '06 receiving leader Torrey Day - Alabama Vipers
- The Fire Wire - Louisville Fire
- af2 teams to appear in AFL video game Arena Football: Road to Glory - af2
- Fusion partners with Summit City Radio Group - Fort Wayne Fusion