Friday's Brevard County/Daytona game postponed
VIERA, Fla. - The scheduled game on Friday, July 4 between the Brevard County Manatees and the Daytona Cubs at Space Coast Stadium has been postponed due to unplayable field conditions.
The game will be made up as part of a doubleheader on Thursday, August 14. First pitch is scheduled for 5:05 p.m. and gates will open at 4:00 p.m.
Fans who had tickets to Friday's game can hold on to their tickets and exchange them at the Space Coast Stadium Box Office for a ticket of equal or lesser value to a future 2014 Brevard County Manatees home game, based on availability.
The fireworks show has also been postponed and will be rescheduled for a later date.
The Clearwater Threshers will visit Space Coast Stadium to begin a three-game series tomorrow, July 5. Saturday's game will feature postgame fireworks, with first pitch scheduled for 6:35 p.m. Tomorrow is also St. Baldrick's Foundation Night. Brevard County players, coaches and staff will be shaving their heads to show support for the fight against pediatric cancer.
On Sunday, July 6, four-time All-Star and 2008 American League Cy Young Award winner Cliff Lee is tentatively scheduled to start for the Threshers against the Manatees at Space Coast Stadium. First pitch is at 5:05 p.m.
For more information on the Brevard County Manatees, call (321) 633-9200 or go online to ManateesBaseball.com. Also, don't forget to like the Manatees on Facebook and follow the Manatees both on Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from July 4, 2014
- Mets Edge Hammerheads 2-1 for Seventh Straight Win - St. Lucie Mets
- Friday's Brevard County/Daytona game postponed - Brevard County Manatees
- Marauders Rally Late to Steal Game from Cards - Palm Beach Cardinals
- Threshers Fall 5-1 on Independence Day - Clearwater Threshers
- Berrios, Walker Slam Stone Crabs, 6-1, in Miracle Win - Fort Myers Miracle
- T-Yanks Take 4-3 Win on Everyday Heroes - Tampa Yankees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.