Frank Mason III Named NBA G League Player of the Month
OSHKOSH, Wis - Wisconsin Herd guard Frank Mason III has been named the NBA G League Player of the Month for February, the league announced today.
While leading the Herd to a league-best eight wins, Mason averaged 29.8 points, 2.8 rebounds, 4.7 assists and 1.2 steals in 29.4 minutes of action. He garnered shooting percentages of 56.1% from the field, 42.9% from three and 85.0% at the free-throw line. In nine appearances, he had eight 20-point games, five 30-point efforts and one 40-point outing. Mason led the league in total points (268), field goals (96) and free throws (34) and his 29.8 points per game were the second-most of any player who appeared in five or more games. In the final six games of the month, he totaled 206 points and scored 30 points or more five times. Mason's highlight of the month came in a 107-103 victory over the Grand Rapids Drive where he scored a career-high 44 points (13-23 FG, 4-7 3FG) and tallied the third-highest scoring output in franchise history.
For the season, Mason has appeared in 23 games (all starts) and averaged 26.4 points, 3.4 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 1.0 steal. He's shot 50.5% overall, 42.5% from beyond the arc and 81.5% at the line. Mason has scored 20 or more points on 20 occasions and his 26.4 points rank first among players who've appeared in at least 10 games this season. In franchise history, Mason ranks fifth in three-pointers (77), sixth in points (608) and field goals (212), and eighth in free throws (75).
Mason becomes the third Herd player to win Player of the Month honors after Rayjon Tucker and Jaylen Adams received the award in December and January. Mason, Adams and Tucker are the first trio of teammates in NBA G League history to win the award in three consecutive months.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 2, 2020
- AC Clippers Celebrate Read Across America Day with Lehigh Elementary - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Anthony Tolliver to 10-Day Contract - Memphis Hustle
- Maine Red Claws Announce Upcoming Theme Nights - Maine Red Claws
- Frank Mason III Named NBA G League Player of the Month - Wisconsin Herd
- Coby Karl Named NBA G League Coach of the Month - South Bay Lakers
- BayHawks to Recognize Those Affected by Breast Cancer on March 7 - Erie BayHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wisconsin Herd Stories
- Wisconsin Herd Exercises Team Option on Head Coach Chase Buford
- Wisconsin Herd Players to Participate in First-Ever NBA 2k League Three for All Showdown
- Wisconsin Herd Sweeps Back-To-Back and Downs Capital City 136-122
- Herd Channels New York State of Mind and Sweeps Westchester in Season Series Finale
- Wisconsin Herd Celebrates Local Heroes with Second Annual Boots vs. Badges Game