BayHawks to Recognize Those Affected by Breast Cancer on March 7
ERIE, PAÂ - The Erie BayHawks, NBA G League affiliate of the New Orleans Pelicans, and UPMC Health Plan are giving special recognition to 10 local breast cancer fighters or survivors during the team's "Slam Dunk Breast Cancer" game against the Canton Charge on Saturday, March 7. Those selected include:
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Brianna Curtis -Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Christine Jaskiewicz
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Barbara Donahue -Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Kathy Lakari
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Christine Frey -Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Michelle Latzo
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Gwen Hagg -Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Caitlyn Cafini
-Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Susan Herring -Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Cheri Seyler
Those being recognized were selected at random through a recent online contest and will be honored pre-game of the "Slam Dunk Breast Cancer" game, receive tickets to the game and a personalized BayHawks jersey, courtesy of UPMC Health Plan.
BayHawks players will also wear commemorative uniforms that feature a pink, white and black design, with a ribbon encompassing the entire front of the jersey, and will be auctioned during the game with all proceeds benefitting Linked by Pink. Started in 2008, Linked by Pink has been offering support for the Erie community, increasing awareness on breast cancer while raising funds to provide support for local patients and their families.
Saturday's "Slam Dunk Breast Cancer" game ties in to the Erie BayHawks "Women's Weekend," celebrating Women's History Month and all the amazing women of Erie. Doors open at 6 p.m. on Saturday night and fans in attendance will receive pink thundersticks. For more info on Saturday night, and the weekend in its entirety, clickÂ hereÂ or call the front office at (814) 790-5600.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 2, 2020
- AC Clippers Celebrate Read Across America Day with Lehigh Elementary - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Memphis Grizzlies Sign Anthony Tolliver to 10-Day Contract - Memphis Hustle
- Maine Red Claws Announce Upcoming Theme Nights - Maine Red Claws
- Frank Mason III Named NBA G League Player of the Month - Wisconsin Herd
- Coby Karl Named NBA G League Coach of the Month - South Bay Lakers
- BayHawks to Recognize Those Affected by Breast Cancer on March 7 - Erie BayHawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.