Forward Marios Lomis Undergoes Successful Surgery Following Ankle Injury
Cary, N.C. - North Carolina FC forward Marios Lomis broke his left ankle during training at WakeMed Soccer Park at the end of May, and underwent successful surgery.
Signed in 2018, Lomis has appeared in 37 matches, scoring 13 goals and recording four assists across all competitions during his tenure.
The Dutch forward has begun rehab on the ankle and plans to travel to his native Netherlands to continue his recovery.
North Carolina Football Club wishes Lomis all the best for a speedy recovery and looks forward to having him back in the fold soon.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from June 10, 2019
- MLS Season Tickets Available Exclusively to USL Season Ticket Members - Nashville SC
- Join Nashville SC's Daniel Rios and Matt LaGrassa at Tuesday's USWNT Watch Party - Nashville SC
- Forward Marios Lomis Undergoes Successful Surgery Following Ankle Injury - North Carolina FC
- Nashville SC's Resilient Attitude Leads to Comeback Win over Bethlehem Steel FC - Nashville SC
- Houston Dynamo Sign FW Michael Salazar from RGV FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Budweiser Man of the Match: Ropapa Mensah's Winning Goal Helps Complete Nashville SC's Comeback vs. Bethlehem Steel FC - Nashville SC
- Memphis 901 FC Midfielder Cam Lindley Called-Up to Train with U.S. Men's National Team U-23 Squad - Memphis 901 FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent North Carolina FC Stories
- North Carolina FC Forward Yamikani Chester Named to USL Championship Team of the Week
- North Carolina FC Narrowly Defeated 1-0 in Pittsburgh
- North Carolina FC Set for Road Test against Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- North Carolina FC Turns in Complete Performance in 3-0 Win over Loudoun United
- North Carolina FC Returns Home to Host Loudoun United