Forward Madison's Don Smart Nominated for Player of the Month Award
USL League One announced on Thursday that Forward Madison's Don Smart has been nominated for the League One Player of the Month award for May. Smart notched two goals and two assists in four appearances for the Flamingos while recording five key passes over the month.
Smart was the first player to ever sign for Forward Madison when he joined the team in October. He currently leads FMFC with three goals scored in all competitions.
A fan vote on uslleagueone.com determines 60 percent of the Player of the Month award ballot, while the other 40 percent comes from the USL Technical Committee. The fan vote will run through Monday, June 10 at 11 a.m. and the award winner and complete voting results will be announced on Thursday, June 13.
Forward Madison plays its next USL League One game on Friday at 6:30 p.m. away to Orlando City B.
Images from this story
Forward Madison FC forward Don Smart
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from June 7, 2019
- Orlando City B Secures Third Win at Home with 2-1 Victory over Madison - Orlando City B
- Forward Madison's Late Comeback Not Enough in Loss to Orlando City B - Forward Madison FC
- Forward Madison's Don Smart Nominated for Player of the Month Award - Forward Madison FC
- Chattanooga Red Wolves SC Acquire El Paso Locomotive FC's Daniel Navarro on Short-Term Loan - Chattanooga Red Wolves SC
- Kickers Make the Trek to Tucson Saturday - Richmond Kickers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Forward Madison FC Stories
- Forward Madison to Begin Small Group Training Wednesday
- Forward Madison Makes a Splash with 2020 Alternate Jersey
- Forward Madison, Wollersheim Wine Launch 'Chateau Mingeau' RosÃÂ©
- Forward Madison Launch 'Match for Madison'
- Forward Madison Cancels FC Augsburg Match, Hopes to Re-Schedule in 2021