Forward Eduardo Lillingston Joins Mexico's Indios on Loan
CARSON, Calif. (Tuesday, July 20, 2010) - Chivas USA announced today that forward Eduardo Lillingston has joined Mexican 'Liga de Ascenso' side Indios de Ciudad Juárez on loan for the Apertura 2010 season. The forward, who spent the Bicentenario 2010 season on loan at Club Tijuana, scored eight goals for the Red-and-White in 2009, his only previous season in MLS.
Lillingston, 32, played 12 years in the Mexican First Division before joining Chivas USA prior to the 2009 season. With the Red-and-White in 2009, the forward played 25 matches (15 starts), scoring eight goals and adding two assists. Indios de Ciudad Juárez was most recently in the Mexican First Division, but was recently relegated after the Bicentenario 2010 campaign.
Chivas USA plays Pachuca of the Mexican First Division tomorrow at 7:30 p.m. PT at The Home Depot Center in SuperLiga 2010 action. The Red-and-White will take on Herculez Gomez and Pachuca with a spot in the SuperLiga semifinals on the line. For more information, or tickets to the match, please call 1-877-CHIVAS-1 or visit cdchivasusa.com .
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 20, 2010
- Forward Eduardo Lillingston Joins Mexico's Indios on Loan - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Sounders FC News & Notes - Seattle Sounders FC
- Sounders FC Top 100,000 Fans on Facebook - Seattle Sounders FC
- Kansas City Wizards Agree to Terms with Defender Nikos Kounenakis - Sporting Kansas City
- This Week in MLS - MLS
- Limited Number of Lower-Bowl Seats Released to the Public for 2010 MLS All-Star Game - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.