Former Razorback Returns to Twisters
(North Little Rock, AR)- Former Arkansas Razorback standout Sacha Lancaster is returning to the Arkansas Twisters after being assigned to the team this afternoon by the af2 League office. Lancaster played for the Twisters during the 2003 season, leading the team in sacks and helping the Twisters to it first ever Conference Final.
Lancaster finished the '03 season with 6.5 sacks, 33 total tackles, and a defensive touchdown. He also had seven catches for 79 yards and two touchdowns as a tight end. He's credited as the first Hogs' player from the Houston Nutt era to have signed with the Twisters. Lancaster spent the previous thee seasons in the AFL and NFL Europe while attending the University of Arkansas to finish up his education.
The Twisters were among the top defenses in af2 last season, ranking in the top three in most major defensive categories. Arkansas won a franchise record 12 games and played in its second conference final in four years.
Season tickets are on sale now and can be purchased by calling 501-975-KICK or logging onto www.arkansastwisters.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from January 4, 2007
- Texas Copperheads Announce New Director of Media Relations - Texas Copperheads
- Vipers tryout set for February 4 - Alabama Vipers
- Twisters All-Time Leading Receiver Returns to Team - Arkansas Diamonds
- Twisters Schedule Released - Arkansas Diamonds
- Haege Returning as Defensive Coordinator - Arkansas Diamonds
- Former Twisters Players Sign with AFL - Arkansas Diamonds
- Gregory to Coach Twisters in 07 - Arkansas Diamonds
- Former Razorback Returns to Twisters - Arkansas Diamonds
- Manchester Wolves Coach To Represent AFL and af2 at Senior All-Star Game In Honolulu - Manchester Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.