Former Bills Running Back Freddy Jackson to Appear at December 7 Amerks Home Game
(Rochester, NY) - The Rochester Americans announced today that former Buffalo Bills running back Freddy Jackson will make a special guest appearance for Seneca Legends Night on Friday, Dec. 7 when the Amerks host the Providence Bruins at 7:05 p.m. at The Blue Cross Arena. Jackson is scheduled to sign autographs from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. prior to the game, which is presented by Seneca Niagara Resort & Casino, in the upper concourse and will meet with fans throughout the night.
Jackson played eight of his nine NFL seasons in Buffalo from 2007-14, rushing for 5,646 yards and 30 touchdowns over 106 career games with Bills. He also added 2,640 receiving yards with seven more touchdowns, including one in each of his last three seasons with Bills, and was the 2010 winner of the team's Walter Payton "Man of the Year" Award, which recognizes an NFL player among each of the 32 teams for his excellence on and off the field.
During the 2009 season, Jackson became the first player in NFL history to compile more than 1,000 rushing and 1,000 kickoff return yards in the same season. He started in 11 of 16 games for the Bills that year, running for a career-best 1,062 yards and averaging 4.5 yards per carry despite only scoring three touchdowns. Jackson also averaged 66.4 yards per game that year, the second-best mark of his career behind the 93.4 yards per game he averaged during the 2011 season. In addition, Jackson totaled 1,014 kickoff return yards while serving as the Bills' primary returner.
Jackson had arguably the best season of his NFL career in 2013, when he amassed 1,277 total yards from scrimmage and recorded 10 touchdowns, including a career-best nine on the ground. He would play one more season in Buffalo, rushing for 525 yards to finish third on the Bills' all-time rushing list behind only NFL Hall of Famers Thurman Thomas and O.J. Simpson.
After departing Buffalo, Jackson spent the 2015 season with the Seattle Seahawks, where he ran for 100 yards and caught two more touchdowns while appearing in all 16 games. Jackson helped the Seahawks clinch a Wild Card berth in the playoffs, marking the first postseason appearance of his career.
A four-time All-American at Coe College in Iowa, Jackson ended his NFL career with 8,643 yards from scrimmage and 39 touchdowns in 122 games.
Individual game tickets for the 2018-19 season start at just $14. Amerks 2018-19 Flex Memberships are available starting as low as $17 per ticket, are on-sale now. Flex vouchers can be used at any Amerks home game in any quantity. For more information, visit www.amerks.com/flexpacks or call 1-855-GO-AMERKS.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 6, 2018
- San Diego Gulls Add Soy - San Diego Gulls
- Phantoms Weekly - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Devils Partner with Lockheed Martin for Military Appreciation Night - Binghamton Devils
- Bears Weekly #5: Hershey's Climb Continues as They Close in on .500 - Hershey Bears
- Former Bills Running Back Freddy Jackson to Appear at December 7 Amerks Home Game - Rochester Americans
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly - Syracuse Crunch
- Ads to Host 7,000 Kids Wednesday for 10:30 am Start - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sabres Assign Malone to Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Griffins Bring up Yates from Toledo - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Red Wings Recall Ehn, Griffins Assign Hamilton - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Anaheim Recalls De Leo - San Diego Gulls
- Griffins Take Four-Game Point Streak North for Pair of Contests at Moose - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blackhawks Name King as Rockford Interim Head Coach - Rockford IceHogs
- Coyotes Recall Mermis from Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Belleville Inks Racine to AHL Contract - Belleville Senators
- Weekly: Penguins Continue Five-Game Road Stretch Thorugh the Weekend - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Jeremy Colliton Named 38th Head Coach in Chicago Blackhawks History - Rockford IceHogs
- Condon Joins Belleville After Being Assigned - Belleville Senators
- Sens Announce Black Friday and New Ticket Packages - Belleville Senators
- Thunderbirds Loan G Chris Driedger to Manchester Monarchs - Springfield Thunderbirds
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 5 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Griffins Announce New Hires - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Week 5 Report: Rockford Rolls to Points in 9 of 10 - Rockford IceHogs
- Mark Bernard to Lead Annual Bernie's Bears Donation Drive - Rockford IceHogs
- Barracuda Continue to Roll, Cool Heat 5-2 - San Jose Barracuda
- Hogs Bounce Back, Have Points in 9 of 10 - Rockford IceHogs
- Rychel Scores Team-Leading Sixth Goal in Loss - Stockton Heat
- IceHogs Recall Defensemen Manning, McArdle from Indy - Rockford IceHogs
- Kahkonen, Wild Stymie IceHogs in Shootout - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.