Force kicks back into action
CLEVELAND, OHIO - - The Cleveland Force will look to avenge their 2004-05 home opener loss this Friday, November 26 when the team plays host to the Major Indoor Soccer League (MISL) Eastern Division rival Philadelphia KiXX at the Convocation Center at Cleveland State University.
The action can be heard live on WHK 1420 AM or WHKW 1440 AM in Warren/Youngstown or live worldwide on the Internet at www.thesportsking.com. The game is scheduled to begin at 7:05 p.m.
Cleveland comes into the contest with a record of 2-3 overall, 0-1 versus Eastern Division opponents, 0-1 in the season series and 1-1 at the Convocation Center. The Force fell to the KiXX by a final score off 11-8 in the season opener for both teams on October 23 at the Convo. Cleveland is currently in second place in the Eastern Division 2.5 games behind Philadelphia and 1.5 games ahead of the Baltimore Blast in third place.
The KiXX will make their second of four trips to Convocation Center this season and come into the contest with a MISL best overall record of 5-1, 3-0 versus Eastern Division opponents and 2-0 on the road.
The Force is lead by four players with two points apiece in the first meeting. Forward Chris Handsor recorded two goals while forward and Lorain native Chris Dore notched a goal and one assist. Midfielder Gary DePalma and defender and team captain John Ball each tallied two assists.
Defender Pat Morris leads the KiXX in the season series as he posted two goals and two assists for a total of four points in the first game. Forward and Head Coach Don D'Ambra is second on the team with three points as he tallied one goal and two assists.
The Force and Philadelphia will both be without players as Ball and KiXX members Pat Morris and Joel Shanker all are in Chinese Taipei with the United States Futsal team for the FIFA Futsal World Cup.
• Discuss this story on the Major Indoor Soccer League 2 message board...
Major Indoor Soccer League 2 Stories from November 22, 2004
- Chicago Storm and Paul Edinger to Team up Friday - Chicago Storm
- Chicago Storm and Univision Radio WRTO 1200 AM Partner for 2004-05 Inaugural Season - Chicago Storm
- KiXX takes to the road to battle the Force in Cleveland November 26 - Philadelphia KiXX
- MISL names players of the week - MISL 2
- Pappas Named MISL Goalkeeper of the Week - Philadelphia KiXX
- Sockers defender named MISL Defensive Player of the Week - San Diego Sockers
- Force kicks back into action - Cleveland Force
- Force weekly - Cleveland Force
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Force Stories
- Come to St. Louis to cheer the Force to victory
- Force kicks past Philadelphia, 10-6, to advance to MISL Championship series
- Force Kicks Past Philadelphia For 1-0 Series Lead, 6-3
- Force Players Earn All-League Recognition
- Cleveland takes two of final MISL monthly honors