Fixture Change Confirmed for Independence
CHARLOTTE - The Charlotte Independence's final regular season game of the 2020 USL Championship season against North Carolina FC at WakeMed Soccer Park will now be played on Saturday, October 3.
The United Soccer League tonight announced the fixture change as a result of North Carolina FC and the New York Red Bulls II agreeing to a neutral site game in place of two separately cancelled fixtures against Loudoun United FC. The pair will face off on Wednesday, September 30 at City Stadium in Richmond with kickoff scheduled for 5 p.m. ET.
Due to the added match for North Carolina FC, Independence-NCFC was switched to Saturday, with kick-off set for 7 p.m. ET. The match will be broadcast live on ESPN+.
The Independence (7-4-4; 25 points), are tied with Birmingham Legion FC (7-4-4; 25 points) atop the Group G standings, followed by North Carolina FC (5-7-1; 16 points) and Memphis 901 FC (3-7-4; 13 points).
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 28, 2020
- Fixture Change Confirmed for Independence - Charlotte Independence
- NCFC to Play New York Red Bulls II on Wednesday, Match against Charlotte Rescheduled for Saturday - North Carolina FC
- USL, USL Black Players Alliance Announces Partnerships with Activote, Civic Alliance - USL
- Preview: Republic FC vs. Tacoma Defiance - Sacramento Republic FC
- Three Takeaways from #RNOvSAC - Sacramento Republic FC
- Fan Appreciation Night on October 4 - Austin Bold FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Charlotte Independence Stories
- Charlotte Independence Extends Partnership with Smoothie King
- USL Championship Announces 2021 Season Format
- Dave Carton Named Head Coach of Independence 2
- Independence and Heal Charlotte Team up to Host Third Community Clinic
- Independence and Accuvision Eye Care Extend Partnership with New Four-Year Agreement