Five Finalists For Amarillo Professional Baseball's New Team Name Unveiled
AMARILLO, Texas - Amarillo Professional Baseball's "Name the Team" sweepstakes has been narrowed to five finalists after receiving over 3,000 entries, with fan voting now open online.
"We were overwhelmed with the unique and incredible stories that were told by fans," said Tony Ensor, President and General Manager of Amarillo Professional Baseball. "This process has displayed the true passion that this community has for Amarillo, the Panhandle, and the state of Texas. We inched over every word in every submission and believe these top five names encompass all that we heard and read from this community."
Fans can access the voting page by going to the team's website at AmarilloProBaseball.com and clicking on the "Fan Voting" graphic. The voting will run until June 13, giving fans two weeks to vote on their favorite team name.
Also, for the first time in 37 years, Amarillo Professional Baseball has opened season ticket deposits for the 2019 season. Season ticket deposits start at $50 per seat depending on seat location. Once you place your deposit, you will officially be in line to pick out your seats at a later date this summer. The actual seat selection will be first come, first served based on your deposit date and time placed. Fans will have the opportunity to place their deposits by clicking the link on the confirmation page after submitting a team name vote.
The final judging of the winning team name will be based on originality, creativity, uniqueness, regional relevance, and appropriateness for audience. The fan whose submission leads to the team's new name will receive the ultimate VIP Baseball Package - Four Season Tickets for the Inaugural 2019 season, a personalized Team Jersey and an opportunity to throw out a ceremonial first pitch during the 2019 season.
The winning name will be revealed at a press conference this fall. All finalists will also be invited to the unveiling event.
Tony Ensor, President and General Manager of Amarillo Professional Baseball, will be available for in-person interviews on May 30 and 31. Please send all inquiries to ShaneP@amarilloprobaseball.com.
For more information on season tickets, contact Jeff at JeffT@amarilloprobaseball.com. For more information on the "Name the Team" Sweepstakes, please go to www.AmarilloProBaseball.com. For all up-to-date information, fans can go to the team's website or follow the team on social media on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
LIST OF FINALISTS (Alphabetical Order):
Amarillo Boot Scooters
The Boot Scooters combines Amarillo's genuine welcoming attitude with its fun western heritage.
Amarillo Bronc Busters
Amarillo has deep cowboy roots and the Bronc Busters honors the community's resilient, independent spirit.
Commemorating its famous cattle drive, there's only one region that can lay claim to the "Beef Capital of the World."
Amarillo Long Haulers
Long Haulers celebrates Amarillo's famous Route 66, open roads, wind-bent trees, and the fun of Minor League Baseball.
Amarillo Sod Poodles
A pioneer's nickname for "Prairie Dogs," this fun-loving local animal is very aggressive in protecting its family and home.
• Discuss this story on the Texas League message board...
Texas League Stories from May 30, 2018
- Five Finalists For Amarillo Professional Baseball's New Team Name Unveiled - Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Trevino Paces Riders in 17-Hit Barrage - Frisco RoughRiders
- Hooks Jump on Cards Early and Late in 11-4 Loss - Springfield Cardinals
- Five Missions Pitchers Shutout Drillers - San Antonio Missions
- Jones Homers Twice, Hooks Wallop Cards - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Hernandez, Fernandez Lead Naturals Series-Clinching Win - Northwest Arkansas Naturals
- RockHounds' Seven-Run Second Too Much for Travs - Arkansas Travelers
- Missions Spoil Smeltzer's Strong Outing - Tulsa Drillers
- Saturday: Veterans Memorial vs. Kerrville Tivy - Corpus Christi Hooks
- Missions Bats Come Alive to Beat Tulsa 11-5 - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Amarillo Sod Poodles Stories
- Amarillo Sod Poodles Announce 18-Game Memberships for 2019 Season
- Sod Poodles Announce Silver Soddies Club for 2019 Season
- Sod Poodles Announce Inaugural Radio Partner and Team Broadcaster
- Amarillo Sod Poodles to Host Game Day Entertainment Auditions
- Amarillo Sod Poodles Reveal Hodgetown Digital Signage