First responders and military can attend this Wednesday's Midwest League championship game for free
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - The South Bend Cubs will play the first two games of the Midwest League Championship series at Four Winds Field this Wednesday and Thursday night. On Wednesday night, September 11, South Bend Cubs President Joe Hart has invited all active and retired military, as well as all first responders, to attend that night's game free of charge.
"We are so proud to be in the championships. It's certainly a special night for us as a team, but also as a community," Hart said. "We can spend the evening together honoring those who protected our country on 9/11, and celebrating those who continue to protect us. We want as many military personnel and first responders as we can get in the stadium on Wednesday."
Hart said all first responders, active duty and military veterans can receive two free tickets to the game. Guests must present Military ID or form of first-responder identification at the Box Office to claim tickets. The offer is not available online.
This week's Midwest League championship games take place at Four Winds Field, 501 W. South Street, South Bend. Tickets can be purchased online at SouthBendCubs.com or by calling the Box Office at 574-235-9988. Gates for both games will open at 6 p.m., first pitch is at 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Midwest League message board...
Midwest League Stories from September 9, 2019
- First responders and military can attend this Wednesday's Midwest League championship game for free - South Bend Cubs
- South Bend Cubs Advance to League Championship - South Bend Cubs
- Nuts Release 2020 MWL Schedule, the 25th Year of Lugnuts Baseball - Lansing Lugnuts
- Cubs Sweep Loons out of Playoffs and Advance to League Championship with 7-3 Win - South Bend Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent South Bend Cubs Stories
- Championship Open House at Four Winds Field October 22
- South Bend Cubs Release 2020 Schedule
- The Star-Studded and Banner Raising Summer
- Chicago Cubs Name Brennen Davis Minor League Player of the Year
- South Bend Cubs Win Midwest League Championship by Sweeping Clinton