Fire to Travel to Washington, D.C. for Thursday Match Versus D.C. United at Audi Field
CHICAGO - Chicago Fire FC travel to face D.C. United for a midweek match on Thursday, May 13 at Audi Field. The game will begin at 7:00 p.m. CT and will be broadcast on WGN-TV and CFFC Live/ChicagoFireFC.com. The match will also be transmitted locally in Spanish on WOJO 105.1FM HD-3.
Chicago is unbeaten in its last three games against D.C. United (1-0-2). D.C. is coming off a 3-1 loss to reigning MLS Cup champion Columbus Crew SC. Ola Kamara scored the lone goal for D.C. (1-3-0, 3 points) on Saturday. The Red-and-Black were forced into a number of changes to their starting 11 due to injuries the squad is facing. Chris Seitz started in net with Antonio Alfaro, Frédéric Brillant, and Andy Najar as the back three and Adrien Perez and Julian Gressel starting as the two wingbacks. Júnior Moreno, Moses Nyeman, Yamil Asad, and Edison Flores started in the midfield and Kimarni Smith started up top for the Black-and-Red.
D.C. is searching for its first victory since the club's 2-1 win against New York City FC in their season opener at Audi Field.
Chicago Fire FC (0-3-1, 1 point) dropped a 2-0 result against Philadelphia Union at Soldier Field on Saturday afternoon. The Fire dominated possession (60%/40%), passing accuracy (76%/64%), duels won (81/58) and total passes (481/319). However, after a scoreless first half, Philadelphia scored two second half goals to grab their first win of the MLS season. Earlier in the week, the Union advanced to the semifinals of Concacaf Champions League. They are the lone MLS team remaining in the competition.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 9, 2021
- Austin FC Lose 2-1 away at Sporting Kansas City - Austin FC
- Sounders FC Stays Unbeaten with Hard-Fought 2-1 Road Win at Portland Timbers - Seattle Sounders FC
- Fire to Travel to Washington, D.C. for Thursday Match Versus D.C. United at Audi Field - Chicago Fire FC
- Timbers Fall 2-1 to Seattle Sounders FC at Providence Park - Portland Timbers
- Atlanta United Draws 1-1 at Inter Miami CF - Atlanta United FC
- Takeaways: Rapids Sparked by Acosta Wondergoal - Colorado Rapids
- Trio of Second Half Goals Sees Rapids Complete 3-2 Comeback - Colorado Rapids
- MNUFC Falls 3-2 in Colorado - Minnesota United FC
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 2, LAFC 1 - Saturday, May 8, 2021 - LA Galaxy
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 1-0 to FC Cincinnati
- Chicago Fire FC Hires Patrick Nyarko as Academy Coach
- Chicago Fire FC to Start Four-Game Homestand at Soldier Field on Wednesday
- Chicago Fire FC Falls 2-0 to Columbus Crew SC
- Chicago Fire FC Unveils New Crest and Visual Identity Directly Inspired by More Than 20,000 Fire Fans and Supporters