Fire Sends Midfielder Khari Stephenson to Kansas City
CHICAGO, IL (Wednesday, April 7, 2004) - The Chicago Fire executed a trade today with the Kansas City Wizards, sending 2004 third round draft pick Khari Stephenson to the Wizards for Kansas City's natural third round draft pick in 2005. With the departure of Stephenson, the Fire is down to a 24-man roster.
"This is a good trade for Khari," said Fire GM Peter Wilt. "We feel he's a talented player who should be playing in Major League Soccer. Unfortunately, we did not have the roster space to accommodate him. We wish him all the best with his new club."
The 23-year-old Stephenson was acquired by Chicago in the third round of the 2004 MLS SuperDraft. The Jamaican midfielder was a member of the Jamaican U-23 that participated in the 2004 CONCACAF Olympic Qualifying Tournament in Guadalajara, Mexico in February of 2004. He finished his college career at Williams College scoring 40 goals and 18 assists for 98 points.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 7, 2004
- United for D.C. Launches Man of the Match Auctions - D.C. United
- Fire Sends Midfielder Khari Stephenson to Kansas City - Chicago Fire
- Wizards Acquire Khari Stephenson From Chicago - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire Stories
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Falls 4-1 to San Jose Earthquakes at Avaya Stadium
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Loans Stefan Cleveland, Grant Lillard to Lansing Ignite FC
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Weekly Update - May 13, 2019
- Chicago Fire Midfielder Nicolas Gaitan Voted MLS Player of the Week
- Chicago Fire Soccer Club Defeats Minnesota United FC 2-0