Fire Hope To Steam-ROLL Into First Place
LOUISVILLE, KY - This Saturday the Louisville Fire Arena Football team (7-6) host the Quad City Steamwheelers (8-5) in a battle for the division lead. The Fire is currently one game out of first place and need a win to enter a three-way tie with the Green Bay Blizzard and the Steamwheelers. During the previous game earlier this season, the Fire dropped the contest 53-59 taking a backseat to the first-place wheelers.
Due to the division race being so close the Fire only need to beat the Steamwheelers by seven or more points to take the division lead. "We had a few challenges against Mahoning Valley that we are currently working on. Quad City is a good club and we must hit on all cylinders to pull out a win," said Fire head coach Tommy Johnson on what the team is working on to improve.
One player who played a big part in "transforming" the game last week was DB Nate "Optimus Prime" Green with a game-high eleven tackles. Being inspired by a pre-game viewing of the new blockbuster movie "Transformers," Green put it in overdrive on his record breaking effort.
Another defensive contributor during the Thunder game was DL Nick Zeck. With seven minutes remaining in the game Zeck blocked a Thunder extra-point attempt and returned it for two points increasing the Fire lead 50-32.
Escape the July heat this Saturday at 7:00pm in air conditioned Freedom Hall as the Fire hope to take the division lead in their playoff run. For tickets call 502-368-0009.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from July 11, 2007
- Pioneers Top Coaches Poll for 12th Straight Week - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers
- Shock Release Brown - Spokane Shock
- Mike Merriweather Added to "NFL Night" at Stockton Arena - Stockton Lightning
- Steeldogs Host Firecats with Playoffs Looming - Alabama Steeldogs
- Sgt. Slaughter To Be Special Guest At BattleWings Game Saturday Night - Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings
- Fire Hope To Steam-ROLL Into First Place - Louisville Fire
- Roadtrip Is Homecoming For Guidugli - Green Bay Blizzard
- Pioneers Top Coaches Poll For Twelfth Straight Week - af2
- "Shark Fin" Fan Eblast - Corpus Christi Sharks
- Hunt Named U.S. Army Ironman of the Week - Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.