FC Laval Joins CF Montréal's Scouting and Development Centre
MONTREAL - CF Montréal announced on Friday the addition of FC Laval to the Club's Scouting and Development Centre. FC Laval becomes the seventh club to join CF Montréal's program, which first launched in 2019, and the first to join a newly developed technical collaboration plan.
"Every new partnership adds to the strength and quality of our scouting and development network," said CF Montréal Academy Director Patrick Leduc. "We're pleased to join forces with FC Laval and work with this dynamic club on multiple collective projects, both from the sporting side of things as well as at strategic levels with the club's management."
"We're thrilled to partner with an emerging club like FC Laval," added CF Montréal Academy Development Director of External Programs Marinos Papageorgopoulos. "Our goal is to share resources both on and off the field to help FC Laval achieve its objectives and grow beyond its community. We're eager to begin working with FC Laval's members."
"FC Laval is honoured to announce its partnership with CF Montréal," said FC Laval General Manager Jimmy Patsilivas. "This collaboration between the two clubs will allow our youth players to pursue their development in a professional environment, benefitting from high-level support and expertise. This new relationship reflects the level of professionalism established at FC Laval and the ambitions we have for our soccer players throughout our community."
In addition to the scouting component which will allow for talent identification within FC Laval, the agreement also includes collaboration on technical support and strategic planning.
Launched July 2, 2019, the Scouting and Development Centre is a high-performance development program managed by the CF Montréal Academy and its educators, who directly visit participating amateur clubs. The program offers training that follows the pedagogy and methodology of the Club's Academy, offered to girls and boys of participating clubs, per the agreement in place. CF Montréal's Scouting and Development Centre shares the Club's values of strengthening links with Quebec's amateur soccer community, while allowing CFMTL to widen its network of young players identified and accompanied by the Club.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 24, 2021
- Inter Miami CF to Visit Atlanta United FC on WednesdayÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Red Bulls Travel to Yankee Stadium for Their Second New York Derby of the Week - New York Red Bulls
- LA Galaxy Announce Broadcast Change for November 1 Road Match at Seattle Sounders FC - LA Galaxy
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Completes Road Trip at Chicago Fire FCÃÂ - Nashville SC
- Colorado Hosts Toronto FC in Robin Fraser's 50th Match as Rapids Head Coach - Colorado Rapids
- Minnesota United FC vs. Houston Dynamo Preview - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- New England Revolution Return Home to Host Orlando City SC - New England Revolution
- CF Montréal in Columbus Saturday Night - Club de Foot Montreal
- FC Laval Joins CF Montréal's Scouting and Development Centre - Club de Foot Montreal
- Two out vs. Red Bulls - New York City FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC Travel North to Face Minnesota United FC - Houston Dynamo FC
- Real Salt Lake Visits Portland for Crucial Western Conference Clash - Real Salt Lake
- #VANvDAL: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Sporting and Seattle Set for Huge Sunday Showdown - Sporting Kansas City
- Minnesota United Celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month - Minnesota United FC
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Philadelphia Union - Atlanta United FC
- Orlando City Travels to Face New England Revolution on Saturday - Orlando City SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Club de Foot Montreal Stories
- CF Montréal Exercises Permanent Transfer Option for Joaquín Torres
- CF Montréal Draws Orlando City SC
- CF Montréal Takes on Orlando City SC Wednesday in Florida
- CF Montréal Exercises Permanent Transfer Option for Ahmed Hamdi
- Late Score Lifts CF Montréal to Draw with Philadelphia in the Rain