FC Dallas, Austin FC, Houston Dynamo FC and Houston Dash Honor Victims of Uvalde Shooting
Frisco, Texas - FC Dallas, along with Austin FC, Houston Dynamo FC and the Houston Dash will honor the victims of Tuesday's mass shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas by wearing a remembrance patch during their weekend matches. FC Dallas will don the remembrance patch on Saturday, May 28 when it visits Orlando City SC. Austin FC and Houston Dynamo FC will wear the patch during their respective matches against LA Galaxy and Real Salt Lake, while the Houston Dash host the North Carolina Courage Sunday evening. The opponents of each team will also wear the patch.
FC Dallas and the FC Dallas Foundation, along with Austin FC, Houston Dynamo FC and the Houston Dash are donating funds to the Robb Elementary School Memorial Fund to assist the victims, their families and the Uvalde community. For information on the fund and to learn how you can donate, please visit FCDallas.com/Uvalde.
The FC Dallas Foundation will also auction the game-worn, autographed jerseys players will wear against Orlando with proceeds benefiting the Robb Elementary Memorial Fund. Auction will go live on the DASH auction app on Tuesday, May 31.
"We are all devastated by the tragic shooting in Uvalde," said FC Dallas President Dan Hunt. "We are proud to come together in this effort with Austin FC, Houston Dynamo FC and the Houston Dash but this is much bigger than just a Texas tragedy. We have a national issue with gun violence and it is time to put a stop to these heinous acts."
All three MLS clubs will wear the patch centered on the front of their jerseys. The Houston Dash will wear the patch on the right sleeve of their jerseys. The Texas-shaped patch is maroon which is Robb Elementary School's official color. A black ribbon featuring the zip code 78801 represents the zip code in which the school is located.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from May 27, 2022
- Lowe: Ã¢ÂÂWe're Going to Bring out the Fire in Our BellyÃ¢ÂÂ - Inter Miami CF
- Sounders FC to Raise Awareness for National Gun Violence Awareness Day and Wear Orange Weekend at Sunday's Match - Seattle Sounders FC
- Called Up: Benjamin Cremaschi Called up to U.S. U-19 Men's Youth National Team - Inter Miami CF
- Preview: Sporting KC Hosts Vancouver on Saturday in Playoff Rematch - Sporting Kansas City
- Sounders FC Midfielder João Paulo Undergoes Successful Surgery - Seattle Sounders FC
- CF Montréal Returns to MLS Action Saturday against Cincinnati - Club de Foot Montreal
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Rapids Host Nashville SC in First-Ever Regular Season Meeting at DICK'S Sporting Goods Park - Colorado Rapids
- Whitecaps FC to Host Canadian Championship Semifinal on June 22 against York United FC - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Emi Ochoa Called to United States U19 National Team - San Jose Earthquakes
- Minnesota United FC vs. New York City FC Preview - Minnesota United FC
- Gavin Beavers Named to U.S. U-19 Youth National Team - Real Salt Lake
- Owen Wolff Earns Call-Up to U-19 U.S. Men's Youth National Team - Austin FC
- Revolution Home vs. Philadelphia Union on Saturday - New England Revolution
- Houston Dynamo FC Close Three-Game Road Trip on Saturday in Salt Lake City - Houston Dynamo FC
- Real Salt Lake Returns Home Saturday V. Houston in Potential Savarino Return to Utah - Real Salt Lake
- Earthquakes Launch 8th Annual Military Blitz Day Campaign - San Jose Earthquakes
- Match Preview: Atlanta United vs. Columbus Crew - Atlanta United FC
- What to Watch for as Nashville SC Faces Colorado Rapids in Last Match Before International Break - Nashville SC
- Whitecaps FC to Host Jamboree for over 100 Youth at Indigenous Peoples Match on June 4 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Houston Dynamo FC, Houston Dash, Austin FC and FC Dallas Honor Victims of Uvalde Shooting - Houston Dynamo FC
- FC Dallas, Austin FC, Houston Dynamo FC and Houston Dash Honor Victims of Uvalde Shooting - FC Dallas
- Austin FC, FC Dallas, Houston Dynamo FC and Houston Dash Honor Victims of Uvalde Shooting - Austin FC
- Red Bulls Face off against D.C. United in First Leg of the Atlantic Cup - New York Red Bulls
- Know Your Foe: Seattle Sounders - Charlotte FC
- CF Montréal Unveils Its New Logo - Club de Foot Montreal
- Damion Lowe Called up by the Jamaican National Team - Inter Miami CF
- FC Cincinnati Look to Avenge Home Loss against CF Montréal - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Dallas Stories
- FC Dallas Announces Promotions and Theme Nights for July
- FC Dallas Falls 3-1 to LAFC
- FC Dallas Foundation, CoServ, Friends of Rob, Gallagher and UMB Bank Unveil 10th Field at My Possibilities
- FC Dallas Partners with iHeartMedia Dallas to Broadcast Matches on Talk Radio 1190AM KFXR
- FC Dallas Exercise Permanent Transfer on Goalkeeper Maarten Paes