FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: August 10, 2020
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati have resumed full-team training sessions at the Mercy Health Training Center in preparation for the continuation of play following the MLS is Back Tournament. The Orange and Blue had their first training session on Sunday afternoon at 3 p.m., and will have five additional sessions throughout the week.
FC Cincinnati's (2-3-0, 6 pts.) first six matches of the continuation of play will see the Orange and Blue play three matches at Nippert Stadium, and three matches on the road. FCC will have their first match at Nippert Stadium of the calendar year when they host D.C. United (1-2-2, 5 pts.) at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 21.
General Manager Gerard Nijkamp will be available via video conference call on Thursday, Aug. 13 at 12 p.m. ET. The call will be a webinar-style call, and recordings in both video and audio formats will be distributed for use shortly after conclusion of the call. Registration information is available below.
Major League Soccer to resume 2020 regular season
Major League Soccer announced the first phase of the return of the League's 25th season in home markets on Friday, Aug. 7 ... each team will play an additional 17 regular-season games, in a phased approach ... the first will consist of most teams playing six matches against regional opponents through Sept. 13 ... FC Dallas and Nashville SC will play an additional three games to make up for the matches missed after they were withdrawn from the MLS is Back Tournament ... the regular season will end on Decision Day on Nov. 8.
FC Cincinnati set to play first match at Nippert Stadium in 2020
FC Cincinnati will play their home opener - five months after originally scheduled - against the same opponent they were originally slated to play, D.C. United ... the two sides will play their first match of phase one of the return to home markets on Friday, Aug. 21 ... FC Cincinnati won their first home opener against the Portland Timbers, 3-0, on March 17, 2019 ... FCC's all-time, all-competition home opener record sits at 3-1-0.
FCC resume training at Mercy Health Training Center
FC Cincinnati returned to full-team training sessions at the Mercy Health Training Center on Sunday, Aug. 9 ... it was the first session held at MHTC since FC Cincinnati held its final practice prior to departing to Orlando for the MLS is Back Tournament on Saturday, June 27 ... all players, coaches and essential staff will be tested every other day, including the day before each matchday, in adherence to MLS' health and safety protocol.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 10, 2020
- Four Timbers Players Nominated for MLS Is Back Tournament Awards - Portland Timbers
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: August 10, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Timbers, African Road Collaborate to Build Soccer Field in Rwanda - Portland Timbers
- Know Your Opponent: Portland Timbers - Orlando City SC
- MLS Makes History by Setting Guinness World Records(TM) Title - MLS
- Alan Pulido Nominated for MLS Is Back Tournament Best XI - Sporting Kansas City
- Seven Orlando City Players Nominated for MLS Is Back Tournament Awards - Orlando City SC
- by the Numbers: the MLS Is Back Final - Orlando City SC
- Nashville SC and U.S. International Defender Walker Zimmerman Agree to Contract Extension - Nashville SC
- Orlando City Takes on the Portland Timbers for MLS Is Back Tournament Title - Orlando City SC
- Toronto FC Loan Julian Dunn and Dante Campbell to Valour FC - Toronto FC
- FC Cincinnati Launch One Club, One Community, One Goal - FC Cincinnati
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: August 10, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- MLS Debuts "Our Soccer" Campaign's New '25 Years in 25 Seconds' Spot Featuring Matthew McConaughey - MLS
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- Remaining matches of FC Cincinnati's regular season schedule unveiled
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 21, 2020
- Lion's Share Hospitality to bring Exciting Food and Beverage Options to FC Cincinnati Fans
- Medunjanin's late game-winner propels FCC in win
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: September 13, 2020