FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: April 8, 2019
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati are back on the road this Saturday to take on current MLS leaders LAFC at Banc of California Stadium. The match will kick off at 10:30 p.m. ET and will be televised locally on WSTR Star64, streamed regionally on FloFC, out of market on ESPN+ and carried on the radio on WDJO, while an audio stream will be available on the TuneIn app and fccincinnati.com.
After having an equal split of three home matches and three away matches to begin the season, FC Cincinnati will embark on a stretch of seven of their next 10 matches on the road. The Orange and Blue have identical 1-1-1 records at home and on the road this season. FC Cincinnati will look to earn at least a point in a third consecutive away match.
FC Cincinnati (2-2-2, 8 pts.) enter the week after playing Sporting Kansas City to a 1-1 draw on Sunday afternoon. Darren Mattocks tallied for the Orange and Blue from the penalty spot as FCC gained at least a point for the fourth time through six matches.
LAFC (5-0-1, 16 pts.) enter the week as arguably MLS' top team, having gone unbeaten through six matches. Last weekend, LAFC defeated DC United, 4-0, on the road at Audi Field. Diego Rossi scored a hat trick, while Carlos Vela recorded a goal and an assist for the away side in the victory. Vela (seven goals) and Rossi (six goals) are currently the two leading scorers in MLS and have combined for more goals than any other team has scored this season.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 8, 2019
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: April 8, 2019 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chicago Fire Weekly Update - April 8, 2019 - Chicago Fire
- Earthquakes Trio Selected to MLS Team of the Week - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Forward Diego Rossi Voted MLS Player of the Week - Los Angeles FC
- Sounders FC Reintroduces Sammy the Sounders Mascot Ahead of Team's Annual Kids Day Match this Saturday - Seattle Sounders FC
- Impact Takes on D.C. United Tuesday Night in Washington - Montreal Impact
- Los Angeles Football Club Forward Diego Rossi Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Darren Mattocks Named to MLS Team of the Week - FC Cincinnati
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: April 8, 2019 - FC Cincinnati
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- Concession, Merchandise Specials Ahead at Remaining 2019 FCC Home Games
- FC Cincinnati to Co-Host Buffalove Foundation Food Drive at Saturday's Game
- Przemyslaw Tyton named to MLS Team of the Week
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: August 12, 2019
- FCC claim road point in first MLS edition of #HellisReal Derby