FC Cincinnati Re-Sign Defender Nick Hagglund
FC Cincinnati have re-signed defender Nick Hagglund to a contract through the 2023 season, the club announced today. Hagglund, a Cincinnati native, has played in all three MLS seasons for FC Cincinnati, and will be back for years four and five.
Hagglund is the club's all-time leader in minutes played (4,215), second all-time in appearances (57), and third all-time in starts (45). The Cincinnati native arrived in his hometown ahead of the 2019 season from Toronto FC.
As a part of his new deal with FC Cincinnati, Hagglund will also serve as a club ambassador, further his and FCC's work in the Cincinnati community and continue to connect the club with the city.
"We're thrilled to have Nick back with FC Cincinnati," said FC Cincinnati General Manager Chris Albright. "He culturally embodies how we want to build our team, and his leadership and experience are important for our group."
The Xavier graduate made 24 appearances for FC Cincinnati last season, starting 17. He played a versatile role for the 2021 squad, appearing at center back and right back before his 2021 season was cut short due to a broken wrist late in the year.
He became the first player in FC Cincinnati history to reach the 50-appearance mark for the Orange and Blue when he started the Aug. 27 match at the Columbus Crew.
The eight-year MLS veteran spent the 2014-18 seasons with Toronto FC, where he made 88 appearances and scored five goals for TFC. In total for his MLS career, Hagglund has made 145 appearances and 112 starts.
TRANSACTION: FC Cincinnati re-sign defender Nick Hagglund to a contract through 2023 on January 13, 2022.
Birthdate: Sept. 14, 1992
Birthplace: Cincinnati, OH
Nationality: United States
How Acquired: Originally acquired via trade from Toronto FC on Jan. 23, 2019. Re-signed on January 13, 2022.
2022's home schedule begins at TQL Stadium when the club hosts D.C. United in the home opener on March 5. Tickets are currently available through Season Ticket Memberships. Fans can get the best tickets at the best price to the best matches all season long, including the home opener, by purchasing season tickets at fccincinnati.com/tickets or by calling 513-977-KICK, that's 513-977-5425.
Fans can now purchase half-season ticket packages, starting at just $170. The "Orange" pack contains nine matches, including the Hell is Real match vs. the Columbus Crew. The "Blue" pack contains eight matches, including the home opener vs. D.C. United. To receive more information on half-season ticket packages, fill out the interest form at fccincinnati.com/tickets/2022-ticket-interest.
FC Cincinnati begin their fourth season of MLS competition in 2022, and their second playing at TQL Stadium. For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team's official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati. Additionally, fans are encouraged to download the team's official mobile app on the Apple App Store or Google Play for instant access to mobile tickets, team content and match notifications.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 14, 2022
- Real Salt Lake Sees Three Academy Products Named to United States U17 Men's National Team - Real Salt Lake
- Nashville SC Announces 2022 Preseason Schedule - Nashville SC
- Sporting KC Signs Defender Kortne Ford - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Inks Axel Kei to Homegrown Contract to Make Hime the Youngest Player in Major League Soccer's History - Real Salt Lake
- Tune in to the 2022 Preseason Opening Day on January 17 - Inter Miami CF
- Colorado Rapids Acquire up to $1.5 Million in Allocation Money from LAFC in Exchange for Kellyn Acosta - Colorado Rapids
- LAFC Acquires U.S. National Team Midfielder Kellyn Acosta from Colorado Rapids - Los Angeles FC
- Atlanta United Signs Bobby Shuttleworth as Free Agent - Atlanta United FC
- Ike Opara Named Sporting KC II Assistant Coach - Sporting Kansas City
- Charlotte FC Sells Midfielder Riley McGree to Middlesbrough FC - Charlotte FC
- Sounders FC Receives $50,000 in General Allocation Money from Columbus Crew in Exchange for Priority to Jake Morris - Seattle Sounders FC
- Columbus Crew Signs Defender Jake Morris Following Trade with Seattle Sounders FC - Columbus Crew SC
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Gastón Giménez Receives U.S. Green Card - Chicago Fire FC
- Timbers Sign Midfielder Diego Chara to Multi-Year Contract Extension - Portland Timbers
- Brett Jacobs to Join Real Salt Lake's Coaching Staff - Real Salt Lake
- Columbus Crew Signs Free Agent Defender Jalil Anibaba - Columbus Crew SC
- Whitecaps FC Sign Jamaican International Defender Javain Brown to a Contract Extension - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sporting KC Acquires Belgian Defender Logan Ndenbe - Sporting Kansas City
- Inter Miami CF Signs Defender Christopher McVey - Inter Miami CF
- Single Match Tickets on Sale Now - Charlotte FC
- FC Cincinnati Re-Sign Defender Nick Hagglund - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew Signs Goalkeeper Brady Scott - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Win Fourth Game in 15 Days, Defeat Chicago Fire 2-1
- FC Cincinnati Conclude Road Stretch at Chicago Fire FC
- By the Numbers: FC Cincinnati at Chicago Fire FC
- FC Cincinnati Falls out of U.S. Open Cup With 5-1 Loss at New England
- FC Cincinnati Travel to Face the New England Revolution in Round of 32