Sporting KC Acquires Belgian Defender Logan Ndenbe
Sporting Kansas City announced today that the club has acquired Logan Ndenbe, a 21-year-old Belgian youth international left back, in a transfer from Guingamp in the French second division.
Ndenbe has signed a three-year MLS contract through 2024 with an option for 2025 and will occupy an international spot on Sporting's roster pending receipt of his International Transfer Certificate and P1 visa.
Ndenbe arrives in Kansas City after spending his first five professional seasons in Europe with Belgian top-flight side KV Oostende and French club Guingamp. He has logged nearly 50 professional appearances since 2017 and represented Belgium at the U-17 through U-21 levels.
A native of Mouscron, Belgium, Ndenbe developed in the Royal Excel Mouscron academy before joining KV Oostende as a 17-year-old in 2017. He played 15 matches in three seasons with the club, featuring in the Belgian First Division A as well as the league's playoff competition for the UEFA Europa League.
Ndenbe left Belgium in July 2020, signing for Guingamp to mark the start of a successful stint in the French Ligue 2. He made 16 appearances for the club during the 2020-21 campaign and took another step forward during the first half of the 2021-2022 season, playing every minute in 12 league starts while adding one assist.
On the youth international stage, Ndenbe played eight matches for the Belgium U-17s in 2017, including starts in three qualifiers for the UEFA European Under-17 Championship in March of that year. He then jumped to the Belgian U-18 squad, where he made four friendly appearances from November 2017 to March 2018.
Ndenbe earned his Belgium U-21 debut last June for his first of five matches in 2023 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualifying. He has started in each of the team's last three games since Oct. 12, going the full 90 minutes in shutout wins over Denmark, Turkey and Scotland.
Ndenbe becomes the third newcomer to sign for Sporting this offseason after veteran free agents Ben Sweat and Uri Rosell joined Manager Peter Vermes' side last month. For a full list of Sporting's roster moves, visit SportingKC.com/news/tracker.
Sporting will kick off the 2022 MLS campaign on Feb. 27, visiting Atlanta United FC in a 2 p.m. CT showdown on FS1, before hosting rivals Houston Dynamo FC in their highly anticipated Children's Mercy Park home opener on March 5 at 2:30 p.m. CT. Sporting KC season tickets and several 2022 ticket packages and promotions and are available by calling 888-4KC-GOAL or visiting SportingKC.com.
Transaction: Sporting Kansas City (MLS) acquires defender Logan Ndenbe in a transfer from Guingamp (French Ligue 2).
Logan Ndenbe (en-DEN-bay)
Born: 2/9/2000 (21 years old)
Weight: 160 lbs.
Hometown: Mouscron, Belgium
Birthplace: Mouscron, Belgium
Previous Club: Guingamp (France)
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from January 14, 2022
- Real Salt Lake Sees Three Academy Products Named to United States U17 Men's National Team - Real Salt Lake
- Nashville SC Announces 2022 Preseason Schedule - Nashville SC
- Sporting KC Signs Defender Kortne Ford - Sporting Kansas City
- Real Salt Lake Inks Axel Kei to Homegrown Contract to Make Hime the Youngest Player in Major League Soccer's History - Real Salt Lake
- Tune in to the 2022 Preseason Opening Day on January 17 - Inter Miami CF
- Colorado Rapids Acquire up to $1.5 Million in Allocation Money from LAFC in Exchange for Kellyn Acosta - Colorado Rapids
- LAFC Acquires U.S. National Team Midfielder Kellyn Acosta from Colorado Rapids - Los Angeles FC
- Atlanta United Signs Bobby Shuttleworth as Free Agent - Atlanta United FC
- Ike Opara Named Sporting KC II Assistant Coach - Sporting Kansas City
- Charlotte FC Sells Midfielder Riley McGree to Middlesbrough FC - Charlotte FC
- Sounders FC Receives $50,000 in General Allocation Money from Columbus Crew in Exchange for Priority to Jake Morris - Seattle Sounders FC
- Columbus Crew Signs Defender Jake Morris Following Trade with Seattle Sounders FC - Columbus Crew SC
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Gastón Giménez Receives U.S. Green Card - Chicago Fire FC
- Timbers Sign Midfielder Diego Chara to Multi-Year Contract Extension - Portland Timbers
- Brett Jacobs to Join Real Salt Lake's Coaching Staff - Real Salt Lake
- Columbus Crew Signs Free Agent Defender Jalil Anibaba - Columbus Crew SC
- Whitecaps FC Sign Jamaican International Defender Javain Brown to a Contract Extension - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Sporting KC Acquires Belgian Defender Logan Ndenbe - Sporting Kansas City
- Inter Miami CF Signs Defender Christopher McVey - Inter Miami CF
- Single Match Tickets on Sale Now - Charlotte FC
- FC Cincinnati Re-Sign Defender Nick Hagglund - FC Cincinnati
- Columbus Crew Signs Goalkeeper Brady Scott - Columbus Crew SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.