FC Cincinnati Loan Frankie Amaya to Orange County SC
CINCINNATI - FC Cincinnati have sent midfielder Frankie Amaya to the USL Championship's Orange County SC on a short-term loan. Per the Right of Recall incorporated in the loan agreement, FC Cincinnati retain the right to recall Amaya at any point during the MLS regular season.
"We feel this short-term move will provide Frankie the best possible opportunity to accelerate his development ahead of a busy summer schedule," FC Cincinnati Technical Director Luke Sassano said, "We've been very pleased with how Frankie has not only performed the pitch, but also how he has adapted to being in a professional environment this season. We believe this move aligns with everyone's best interests in both the immediate and long-term futures."
The midfielder has played a combined 21 minutes in two appearances for FC Cincinnati this season. The Santa Ana, Calif., native made his MLS debut when he replaced Victor Ulloa in the 77th minute against Philadelphia on March 30.
FC Cincinnati selected Amaya out of UCLA with the first overall selection in the 2019 MLS SuperDraft. The midfielder has made 13 appearances for the U.S. Under-20 Men's National Team and competed on the side that won the 2018 Concacaf U-20 Championship, ensuring a spot in 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup. Amaya was called up to the U.S. U-20s for a pair of late-March friendlies in their final training camp prior to the U-20 World Cup.
For up-to-the-minute information about FC Cincinnati, visit the team's official website at fccincinnati.com, or follow the team on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @FCCincinnati.
Transaction: FC Cincinnati loaned midfielder Frankie Amaya to Orange County SC (USL Championship) on April 17, 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 17, 2019
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- Two Days Left to Secure 2019 Season Seats - FC Cincinnati
- Ibrahimovic Approaches Greatest Season-Long Goalscoring Stretch: Week 8 MLS News & Notes - MLS
- Match Preview: Red Bulls Conclude Two-Match Road Trip at New England - New York Red Bulls
- Columbus Crew SC Names Neil McGuinness as Director of Scouting - Columbus Crew SC
- FC Cincinnati Loan Frankie Amaya to Orange County SC - FC Cincinnati
- LA Galaxy Announce 2019 LA Galaxy Special Olympics Unified Roster - LA Galaxy
- Know Your Opponent | Vancouver Whitecaps - Orlando City SC
- OSC Weekly Ratings Wrapup - OSC Original by David Carlson
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent FC Cincinnati Stories
- FC Cincinnati Recall Rashawn Dally from Memphis 901 FC
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: May 20, 2019
- FC Cincinnati to Plant 20,000 Flower Blooms Around Queen City
- Orlando City SC Blows out FC Cincinnati
- FC Cincinnati Recall Logan Gdula from Phoenix Rising FC; Loan Gdula to Hartford Athletic