Fayetteville Acquires Sharrod Ford
GREENVILLE, S.C., January 10 - The Fayetteville Patriots have acquired forward Sharrod Ford from the NBA Development League available player pool. He takes the roster spot vacated when Kaniel Dickens earned a GATORADE Call-Up to the Los Angeles Clippers today.
Ford, 6-9, 223, from Clemson University, played in three games with the Phoenix Suns, averaging 4.3 minutes, 1.3 points and 1.0 rebound before being released on December 24. He was in training camp with the San Antonio Spurs. He averaged 17.0 minutes, 4.3 points and 2.3 rebounds in four games for the New Jersey Nets in the 2005 Reebok Vegas Summer League.
Ford averaged 14.9 points, 8.2 rebounds and 2.1 blocked shots, all team highs, as a senior for Clemson during the 2004-05 season. He and Horace Grant are the only players in Clemson history to increase their scoring average by at least three points each season.
Ford is expected to be in uniform when the Patriots (4-11) open play in the MLK Showcase at 5 p.m. ET Sunday against the Florida Flame (9-7). He will wear jersey No. 25.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 10, 2006
- Timberwolves Recall Wright from Florida of the NBA Development League - Florida Flame
- Late Rally Lifts Toros To Another Comeback Win Over Florida - Florida Flame
- Tulsa Acquires Hamilton, Waives Taylor Due to Injury - Tulsa 66ers
- Dazzle players to support local hoopsters - Roanoke Dazzle
- Fayetteville Acquires Sharrod Ford - Fayetteville Patriots
- Fayetteville's Dickens Earns Gatorade Call-Up to Clippers - Fayetteville Patriots
- NBA D-League Daily Developments - G League
- Wright, Barron to Flame - Florida Flame
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.