Etherton Strong vs. HOF Inductee Ortiz
LOUISVILLE, KY - David Ortiz was the lone player elected to the MLB Hall of Fame Tuesday night. Interestingly enough, the all-time great slugger struggled against Louisville Bats pitching coach Seth Etherton during the duo's respective MLB careers.
Etherton held the Hall of Famer to 1-for-5 with three strikeouts during their lifetime matchup. Etherton's three punchouts of Ortiz were the most against any batter the hurler faced during his time in the Majors (23-game career).
After taking over at the helm of the Louisville Bats' pitching staff last season, Louisville hurlers established a franchise record with 1,219 strikeouts during the 2021 campaign.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from January 25, 2022
- Etherton Strong vs. HOF Inductee Ortiz - Louisville Bats
- Danks Selected to Charlotte Baseball Round Table of Honor in 2022 - Charlotte Knights
- RailRiders add 13 employees to front office staff for 2022 season - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- IronPigs to Host Reading Fightin Phils in Exhibition Game - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Jumbo Shrimp to Hold Food & Beverage Job Fairs February 2 & 12 - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.