ET wins the Ironman Award
Spokane, WA: The Spokane Shock's WR/LB Charles 'ET' Frederick was selected as the US Army Ironman of the week, the af2 League office announced today.
Frederick, who has been selected as the League's Player of the Week four times this season, had four touchdowns and 145 all-purpose yards on offense, as well 1.5 tackles on defense, including one for a seven yard loss.
"ET is a special player - he makes big plays when we need them the most," said General Manager Adam Nebeker. "We're glad to see him get the recognition he deserves."
Frederick's first touchdown came just seconds into the game after he ran the opening kickoff back 57 yards for a touchdown.
Later in the 4th quarter, with the Shock down by four points and only seconds left in the game, Frederick caught the game-winning touchdown that secured the Shock's 50-47 win.
"I'm having a lot of fun this season," Frederick said. "Our fans are great and I really appreciate the support that they have given our team all-season long."
This weekend the Shock will host the Arkansas Twisters for the National Conference Championship game. The winner of the game will move on to San Juan, Puerto Rico to play in the 2006 Arena Cup on August 26th. Tickets for this weekend's game start at just $6 and can be purchased by calling 325 SEAT.
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from August 16, 2006
- Jerry Turner named U.S. Army Lineman of the Year - af2
- Brent Holmes Named Schutt Offensive Player of the Week - Green Bay Blizzard
- Burnette caps season with Catch of the Week honor - Memphis Xplorers
- Florida Firecats game notes - Florida Firecats
- ET wins the Ironman Award - Spokane Shock
- af2 names weekly award recipients - af2
- Firecats WR/DB Brent Burnside Named ADT Defensive Player of the Week - Florida Firecats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.