Erie Otters Sign Deal with Imagination Park to Bring Augmented Reality Experiences to Fan Base
Vancouver, CANADA and Erie, PA - Imagination Park Technologies Inc. (CSE: IP) (OTC: IPNFF), the company bringing augmented reality (AR) experiences to consumers and sports fans globally, today announced that the Erie Otters, the 2002 & 2017 Ontario Hockey League Champions, have signed a deal that will bring augmented reality experiences to the Erie Insurance Arena and the city of Erie, Pennsylvania. The Erie Otters will be among the first Ontario Hockey League teams to utilize AR for fan engagement on their iOS or Android mobile devices.
"We're thrilled to partner with Imagination Park Technologies to explore the emerging technology of augmented reality that will allow us to bring new, creative, and fun fan experiences to Erie Otters games this fall. This partnership not only allows us to enhance our gameday interactions with our loyal fanbase through AR but will create exciting new opportunities for our sponsors and community partners to engage with Otters fans," said Jaime Cieszynski, Director of Business Operations of the Erie Otters.
Alen Paul Silverrstieen, CEO of Imagination Park stated "We are excited to have our first hat trick - three professional sports team in the same city. The Erie Seawolves, Erie Bayhawks and Erie Otters all will be leveraging AR for fan engagement with 3D holograms of their mascots and players. Being a Canadian Company, we are honored and proud to be working with the Erie Otters where Connor McDavid played 2014 - 2015."
The Imagination Park platform requires absolutely no programming or even technical ability to design, manage or implement highly sophisticated AR campaigns. The team can utilize their library of images or videos appear on the mobile device as holograms, coupons, video highlights and more. The Otters plan to include Pokémon Go-like scavenger hunts at Erie Insurance Arena where fans can collect digital collectibles with the chance to win prizes including game tickets and Otters gear.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from July 31, 2019
- Goaltending Coach Bob Janosz Signs Contract Extension - Niagara IceDogs
- Hockey Canada Announces Roster For 2019 Hlinka Gretzky Cup - OHL
- #StormCupTour Visits Canada's Capital - Guelph Storm
- Ville Ottavainen Signs OHL Standard Player Agreement - Kitchener Rangers
- Erie Otters Sign Deal with Imagination Park to Bring Augmented Reality Experiences to Fan Base - Erie Otters
- Generals Announce Neumann and Bollers as Coaches for Future Generals Hockey Camp - Oshawa Generals
- Niagara IceDogs Announce Partnership with St. Catharines Transit Commission - Niagara IceDogs
- David Maier Commits to Petes - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Erie Otters Stories
- Otters Acquire Picks from Generals for Hayden Fowler
- Otters Acquire Picks from IceDogs for Goaltender Murphy
- Nine Erie Otters Alumni Advance to Stanley Cup Playoffs
- Erie Otters Name Dave Brown as Vice President of Operations, General Manager
- Otters' Hoffmann Focusing Efforts Behind ALS Awareness