Energy FC Sign Former Player Jon Brown
OKLAHOMA CITY - Energy FC have signed forward Jonathan Brown, pending league approval, Head Coach Steve Cooke announced today. Brown re-joins OKC from Hartford Athletic, where he scored one goal in 12 appearances. Brown made 37 appearances for Energy FC from 2017-18, scoring one goal and providing four assists.
Prior to arriving in the USL Championship, the 29-year-old played for Bangladesh Premier League side Abahani Limited Dhaka in 2016 and helped them win their fifth championship in the club's history with four goals and four assists in seven games. He also contributed with two goals and one assist in AFC Cup competition.
Energy FC's latest signing has also played for numerous clubs around the world including Cardiff City (Wales), Rayong United FC (Thailand) and Hereford United FC (England). He was a part of the Wales National U-21, U-19 and U-17 teams alongside countrymen Gareth Bale, Aaron Ramsey and Joe Allen.
"We're absolutely delighted to be able to bring Jon Brown back to the club," said Cooke. "Obviously, we didn't really want him to leave in the first place, but that's what happens in football sometimes. He's a good, quality player, very hard-working and can attack and defend. If we're going to reach our goals this year, it's going to be through hard work which Jon epitomizes."
After last night's 1-1 draw with Western Conference leaders New Mexico United, Energy FC have a quick turnaround and will travel to Chukchansi Park to take on Fresno FC Saturday night at 9:30 p.m. CDT.
About Energy FC Energy FC are a part of the USL Championship, which is one of the largest professional soccer organizations in North America. Energy FC were founded in 2013 and played their inaugural season in 2014. Energy FC make their home at Oklahoma City's historic Taft Stadium and are entering their sixth season in 2019.
Images from this story
Jon Brown with OKC Energy FC
Jon Brown with OKC Energy FC
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from June 6, 2019
- Preview: Nashville SC Resumes League Play against Bethlehem Steel FC - Nashville SC
- Preview | Back on the Road, Indy Visits Memphis Saturday - Indy Eleven
- Energy FC Sign Former Player Jon Brown - OKC Energy FC
- Match Preview vs. Orange County SC - Las Vegas Lights FC
- USL Standouts Set for CONCACAF Gold Cup - USL
- Republic FC Will Host Liga MX's Lobos BUAP in an International Friendly on July 6 - Sacramento Republic FC
- Match Preview | Ottawa Fury FC at Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC - Ottawa Fury FC
- Coronado Earns USL Championship Fans' Choice Goal of the Week - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Match Preview: ATL UTD 2 vs New York Red Bulls II - Atlanta United 2
- Lights FC & Southern Nevada Sports Hall of Fame Unveil Charitable Outreach Program as Part of Summer of Soccer Initiatives Delivered by Zappos - Las Vegas Lights FC
- North Carolina Football Club Announces Broadcast Schedule for Remainder of Season - North Carolina FC
- Preview: Riverhounds SC vs. Ottawa Fury FC - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Memphis 901 FC's Duane Muckette, Leston Paul Called-Up to Represent Trinidad & Tobago in the CONCACAF 2019 Gold Cup - Memphis 901 FC
- Ayre Experiences Liverpool Champions League Victory as a Fan in Madrid - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent OKC Energy FC Stories
- New Signing Aidan Daniels Selected to Canadian National Team Provisional List Ahead of Olympic Qualifiers
- Energy FC Fills Goalkeeper Positions Ahead of Preseason with Latest Signing
- Open Combine Attendee, USL League Two Veteran Signs with Greens
- Energy FC and Beyond Disinfectant Teaming up to Keep Fans Safe
- Energy FC Hires Former Intern as New Director of Corporate Partnerships