Elmira Continues The Fourth of July Weekend Fireworks
It didn't take the Pios long for their latest offensive explosion. After spotting the Newark Pilots a one run lead, the Pioneers erupted for 5 second inning runs highlighted by a bases loaded triple by Corey Keller. The lead ballooned to 11-2 as the Pioneers scored runs in the the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh innings. Justin Lacy lead the way with 4 hits, including 2 doubles. Aaron Hopper also had 4 hits to go along with three RBI's.
Jordan Carter threw eight strong innings giving up only 3 earned runs, striking out 11 while collecting his third win of the season. Jimmy Reed pitched the final inning in the 12 - 4 victory.
The first place Pioneers (12-7) return to Dunn Field on Tuesday July 5 and Wednesday July 6 for a two game series against the Albany Dutchmen. Tickets for all home games can be purchased in advance from the Pioneers exclusive retail ticket outlet, Jubilee Food located at 2898 Westinghouse Road, Horseheads. For more information call the Pioneers office at 607-734-2690 or visit www.elmirapioneers.com.
• Discuss this story on the Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League message board...
Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League Stories from July 3, 2011
- Pioneers Four Game Win Streak Halted - Elmira Pioneers
- Hawkeyes Take One, Another Suspended - Cooperstown Hawkeyes
- Fireworks Tonight ; Mohawks Re-Sign Maile - Amsterdam Mohawks
- Elmira Continues The Fourth of July Weekend Fireworks - Elmira Pioneers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.