Ellison Brewing Co. to Create Craft Beer Inspired by Indy Eleven
INDIANAPOLIS - Few things go together quite like beer and soccer, which is why Indy Eleven is excited to team up with Ellison Brewing Co. on a corporate partnership that features the Indianapolis and Lansing, Mich.-based brewer as the newest Craft Beer Partner of Indiana's Team.
To celebrate the partnership, Ellison Brewing Co. will be adding a new Indy Eleven-inspired beer to their lineup of quality craft beers being served at their production taproom and restaurant at 501 S. Madison Avenue, practically in the shadows of Indy Eleven's home of Lucas Oil Stadium.
"Indy Eleven is excited to partner with a great local business in Ellison Brewing Co. We are particularly thrilled to launch the campaign behind the creation of a beer our fans can truly call their own, as they will be involved in the process from start to finish," said Dan Dripps, Indy Eleven Manager, Corporate Partnerships. "Having the beer brewed only a couple blocks away from our home stadium gives this collaboration a neighborhood feel, which will make giving our fans a drinkable beer they can enjoy all season long at Lucas Oil Stadium in 2021 even more special."
"Ellison Brewing Co. is happy and proud to partner with Indy Eleven, and to bring its fans a custom beer that they deserve ahead of next season," said Aaron Hanson, Ellison Brewing Co. Owner and Brewer. "Using Eleven fans to source the style, label design, and first batch brewing for a beer that will be made two blocks from their stadium is a fantastic experience for everyone involved. We at Ellison Brewing are excited for the 2021 season!"
Soccer fans and beer lovers (and the sizeable cross-section of both) can have their say regarding various aspects of the new brew, as Indy Eleven and Ellison will conduct polling beginning immediately to capture preferences for the beverage's style, name, and can design via indyeleven.com/Ellison.
Style Selection: October 9-20
Fans can select their top preference from various styles of Ellison-brewed beers, including:
Dry Hopped American Lager
"Suggest a style" - fans can "write-in" their vote for another style
Fans who visit the taproom to taste in person can enter to win the unique opportunity to assist in the brewing process of the first batch of this special craft beer!
To enter, simply post a photo in the taproom and tag both @IndyEleven & Ellison Brewing in your post(s) on Instagram (@EllisonBrewingIndy), Twitter (@EllisonIndy), or Facebook (@EllisonIndy).
One opportunity to do just that will take place next Saturday, Oct. 17, when Ellison will offer an "Indy Eleven Sampling Special" during the Arsenal vs. Manchester City match from 12:30-2:30 p.m. A three-sample flight featuring each beer nominee will cost only $3 during the event (or you can get individual "flight pours" for $1 each).
The selected style will be announced by Tuesday, October 20
Name Campaign: October 21-November 3
With a style selected, name ideas for the beer will be solicited from fans between Oct. 21-27
Indy Eleven & Ellison will whittle the fan-submitted options down to four finalists, which can be voted on between Oct. 28-Nov. 1
The winning name will be announced by Tuesday, November 3
Can Design Artwork: November 4-24
With a style and name determined, Indy Eleven will solicit ideas from fans for artwork to be featured on the beer's 16-ounce cans from Nov. 4-18
An artwork template will be available for download soon at indyeleven.com/ellison
Indy Eleven and Ellison will then choose up to four designs to be polled by the public between Nov. 19-22
The winning design will be announced on Tuesday, Nov. 24
The persons whom submit the winning name and can design will receive a prize package including a four-pack of the new beverage, co-branded "Eleven + Ellison" pint glasses, and additional items.
Ellison Brewing will plan to have the final collaboration libation available for purchase in its taproom in mid-December, allowing the opportunity to gift four-packs of the new brew to the soccer and beer lovers in your life!
For more information on Ellison Brewing Co. - including menus for its award-winning beers and exceptional cuisine - visit ellisonbrewingindy.com.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from October 9, 2020
- Phoenix Rising Game Notes - Phoenix Rising FC
- An Indomitable Spirit Is Always Worth Leaning On - Sacramento Republic FC
- Republic FC Next Community Futsal Court Honor Local Coach, Creates Safe Place to Play - Sacramento Republic FC
- USL Championship Discipline Report - End of Regular Season - USL
- Playoff Match Preview: Legion FC at Tampa Bay Rowdies - Saturday, October 10 - Birmingham Legion FC
- USL Statement: COVID-19 Test Results - October 9, 2020 - USL
- Preview: It's Playoff Time - Hartford Athletic
- Charlotte Independence v Charleston Battery: Match Preview - Charlotte Independence
- Game Information and Match Notes - SAFC vs. New Mexico United - San Antonio FC
- Know Your Opponent: Phoenix Rising FC - Sacramento Republic FC
- National Coaches Day Panel Dives Deep into Being Mentors on and off the Pitch - Sacramento Republic FC
- FC Tulsa Travels to El Paso Locomotive FC for First Round Playoff Match - FC Tulsa
- Ellison Brewing Co. to Create Craft Beer Inspired by Indy Eleven - Indy Eleven
- Preview: What to Watch for with Loucity vs. Pittsburgh - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Eleven Stories
- Three More "Boys in Blue" Confirmed for 2021
- Hackshaw, Pasher Named to USL Championship 2020 All-League Second Team
- Indy Eleven to Participate in 2021 USL Academy League & USL Academy Cup Competitions
- Ellison Brewing Co. to Create Craft Beer Inspired by Indy Eleven
- Eleven's 2020 Season Ends after Loss at Saint Louis FC