El Paso Locomotive FC Signs FC Cincinnati Midfielder Richie Ryan
EL PASO - January 17, 2019 - El Paso Locomotive FC Signs veteran Irish Midfielder, Richie Ryan, from FC Cincinnati, pending league and federation approval. Ryan has amassed a legendary professional career that spans 15 years and two continents. He made his professional debut with Sunderland in the English Premier League in the 2003 season. After an 11-year career in Europe, playing in the first division in Ireland, Scotland, and Belgium, Ryan moved to the United States and joined then NASL club Ottawa Fury for the 2014 season where they reached the finals.
Ryan most recently played with USL Championship club FC Cincinnati, who will be premiering in Major League Soccer (MLS) this year as the newest expansion club.
"Having known Richie personally for a few years, coupled with his undoubted quality and winning pedigree on the field, I am honored to have the opportunity to work closely with him again," said Head Coach Mark Lowry. "The high standards he is going to bring to our group both on and off the field will go a long way to helping us achieve the goals that we have set."
"I want to thank the ownership and upper management at El Paso Locomotive FC for helping me bring in an individual of this caliber. Big thanks to Richie and his agent for making the process a smooth one," said Lowry.
Ryan and the Locomotive squad will take the field on March 9, against OKC Energy FC at 7:30 p.m. for the historic home opener of the inaugural 2019 season. Individual match tickets are available for purchase beginning Saturday, January 19 at 10:00 a.m. at the Durango and Santa Fe Box Office at Southwest University Park, or online at https://www.eplocomotivefc.com/tickets
Images from this story
Midfielder Richie Ryan with FC Cincinnati
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from January 17, 2019
- Switchbacks FC Re-Sign Jordan Schweitzer - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Three Republic FC Academy Players Called up to Youth National Team Talent Identification Program - Sacramento Republic FC
- Fresno FC Agrees to Transfer Midfielder Pedro Ribeiro - Fresno FC
- "Meet the Team" Exclusive Season Ticket Member Preseason Game Announced - Saint Louis FC
- Austin Bold FC Signs Goalkeeper Diego Restrepo - Austin Bold FC
- San Antonio FC Signs Goalkeeper Jonathan Viscosi - San Antonio FC
- McGuinness Appoints Former La Liga Manager to Assistant Coach - Charlotte Independence
- Legion FC Signs Defender Kyle Fisher - Birmingham Legion FC
- El Paso Locomotive FC Signs FC Cincinnati Midfielder Richie Ryan - El Paso Locomotive FC
- Roughnecks FC Sign D.J. Dean - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Nashville SC Renews Partnership with ESPN 94.9 Game 2 for 2019 Season - Nashville SC
- United Soccer League Expands Long-Term Technology Partnership with SportsEngine - USL
- Midfielder Duval Wapiwo Joins North Carolina FC on Loan - North Carolina FC
- Hartford Athletic Announces Four More Player Signings Including Two New England Soccer Stars - Hartford Athletic
- North Carolina Football Club Announces Open Tryouts - North Carolina FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Locomotive FC Stories
- El Paso Locomotive FC Clinch Spot in 2019 Post-Season
- El Paso Locomotive FC Draws with Austin Bold and Need Only One Point to Secure Playoff Bid
- El Paso Locomotive FC Draws on the Road against Number Three Reno 1868 FC While Featuring All Four Local Players
- El Paso Locomotive FC Get Three Points at Home After Toppling Number Two Fresno
- El Paso Locomotive FC Get Three Points at Home and Move into Play-Off Contention