Eastman Commits to Quinnipiac University
The Heartland Eagles of the United States Hockey League (USHL) have committed their second Division I player in franchise history and this season as team captain Steve Eastman has agreed to attend Quinnipiac University.
Eastman, 19, is currently playing his second season in the USHL and his first with the Heartland Eagles. He played last season for the now defunct Topeka Scarecrows. As of todays release, Eastman has appeared in 45 games and is tied for the club lead with 12 goals and is second in points with 26. He is also second on the team in plus-minus with a +2.
The 6-0, 170 lb forward was born and raised in Edina, Minnesota. He is the second Heartland Eagle to commit to a Division I school this season, with goaltender Michael Zacharias being the first to commit when he agreed to attend the University of Minnesota-Mankato starting in 2005-06.
The Quinnipiac Bobcats are part of Atlantic Hockey and the university is located in Hamden, Connecticut.
The Heartland Eagles return to the Summit Center in Chesterfield, Missouri on Friday February 27th as they host the visiting Sioux Falls Stampede in a 7:05pm game. Fans can purchase tickets in person at the Summit Center or via phone at 636-530-PUCK.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from February 26, 2004
- Bucs clip Black Hawks, inch closer to playoff berth - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Eastman Commits to Quinnipiac University - St. Louis Heartland Eagles
- Adam Krug Joins Committed College Ranks - Sioux City Musketeers
- Black Hawks Prepare for Western Trip - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Steel weekend outlook - Chicago Steel
- RoughRiders Gear Up For Clark Cup Playoffs, Gun For Nine Wins - Cedar Rapids RoughRiders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.